Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the report went out today had a good starting point and went from there. I grew up casting erie with my grandpa it seemed we always limited back in the 80s. Bought a boat big enough for erie and got my first limit in 4 trips. Good day limited in 3 hrs. Stayed in 50 to 52 ft the whole time. Dipsies and spoons 2.5 mph #2 at 95 and 82 back.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks for the report went out today had a good starting point and went from there. I grew up casting erie with my grandpa it seemed we always limited back in the 80s. Bought a boat big enough for erie and got my first limit in 4 trips. Good day limited in 3 hrs. Stayed in 50 to 52 ft the whole time. Dipsies and spoons 2.5 mph #2 at 95 and 82 back.
good job on the fish.
you can cast any area with casting harnes,you can use from 3/8 oz weight to 3 oz,depend on the curent.
test the weight next to the boat,open bail and count in seconds till it hit botom,devide the dept with seconds and now you know haw many feet pro secod your presentation drop,every weight has defrent rate.now you cast harnes and you know where you at.when you hit fish just remember what was the count,it could be same all day or change in 30 minutes,if it does you have to search for new count.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts