Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to wildwood yesterday and motored west till 72nd and then trolled back East with the waves. Got 12 mostly bandits 25’ back from board. Dipsy with spoon 65 and a harness 65 took just 2. Speed was all over from 1.5-2.5 due to the heavy wave action. Trolled East to easterly then picked up went back towards 72 and did it twice. Done pretty quick. Fruit dot bandit and bad Barbie was best. Also perch color spoon and purple harness so I guess color didn’t matter. We were in 40-41 fow. Not far out at all in that area.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Can a solo guy launch at Wildwood right now? Or is the water to high to tie the boat on the dock to park the truck? Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can a solo guy launch at Wildwood right now? Or is the water to high to tie the boat on the dock to park the truck? Thanks for the report.
Water was high but the long concrete dock was above. Barley. Was getting some water splashed on it from waves. The other side by the steel wall was out of the water a few inches. So yes u should be good to go. The center dock was under maybe 5”.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Went out of Wildwood today, pretty rough, had to take it slow due to ne winds. Set-up in 50' and started picking them up in 47' to 43' heading west. Used Tail Dancers with boards and orange crush spoons off dipsy. I run a Sylvan, being aluminum would have been difficult to run with the waves without bags to slow me down to stay under 3

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Good to hear Ctown heating up , it's definitely the closest place to launch for me and still an 80 mile trip each way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts