close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wildlife Live...scam or real?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Elamenohpee, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

Anyone here of this group before? It's supposed to be some kind of research area in Kimbolton or somewhere down there (740 area code). They're selling tickets to a raffle for $100.00 each and with the ticket comes an annual membership to the research area. My father and uncle went to see it today and there are "No Trespassing" signs everywhere. The raffle is supposed to be held at the Summit County fairgrounds on August 20th...I think.

Any help on this one guys?

2. It's nothing more than a fenced "hunting" preserve. I don't know what the membership would provide, but I seriously doubt it'll be worth your $100. He apparently has seen how successful the Deerasic Classic has been and decided it's a good way to put some money in his pocket.

3. One quick way to see if they are a research group or not is ask them to tell you or provide you with what work they have published recently or has been published about the area through a third party.

4. Here's a link. I've heard good and bad both ways, so I'm still sitting on the border of this one. Check it out for yourself, and you make the decision...

Wildlife Live

5. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

Thanks fo the feedback and link. They're supposed to be raffling off 1 prize every 5 minutes for 7 hours...not one prize I saw listed was under $300. I hope it's the real deal.

6. I'm sure the raffle and prizes are real. Just be sure your supporting something you believe in before buying a ticket. To be honest, maybe I was wrong about them. I was certain they were a high fenced operation, but the web site sure doesn't appear that way. I'm not sure what to think now.

7. JCS

JCS Member

hmmmmmmmm i think i got criticized for making assumptions on here once. but the guy is definetly trying to take deerasics idea and tweak it somewhat. by the way deerasic is this weekend.

jcs

8. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

These guys have been to our club meetings several times and seem to be on the up & up. They are planning a lot of good stuff for handicapped kids. Such as guided hunts and or just plain old outings in the area that they have fenced in. It was explained to us that it is a place where they can study the habits of the white tail with cameras placed all over the property. It doesn't hurt to keep them under the microscope. This could be a good thing for central Ohio.