Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of frog fishing and I've been giving the ride 115 some serious thought for marsh fishing. I met one guy in my marsh a few weeks ago who had one and he seemed to be really comfortable standing in it but he looked to be 75lbs lighter than myself. I guess I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it. How does it paddle in open water with its pontoon boat shaped bottom?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm 230 lbs. and have no problems standing in my boat. It took some time to feel comfortable and I usually set down after setting hook on fish. Paddles just fine in open water. Can actually cruise pretty fast while standing. I don't stand and fish that often tho more just from place to place to get the blood flowing again. Love the high seat and the internal storage.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
The Ride is designed to be an open water boat, the forums I follow on the Atlantic Coast are loaded with Ride and Tarpon users.

Rob Alderman, owner of the fishmilitia.com and outerbankskayakfishing.com/ websites is well over 6' tall and a big guy and stands on his Ride all the time.

If there is a Jackson dealer nearby give the 'Cuda or Coosa some consideration. I take my 'Cuda up Caesar Creek and Anderson Branch on a regular basis and had it out on Pamlico Sound and did a beach launch off of Waves, NC in June with no problems.

Both are high quality yak manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have had a ride 115 for over a year now and love it, I use it on both rivers, and open water. Once you get used to standing in it you realize just how stable it is, I am at the point now where I can walk around in it with ease.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can stand in my ocean kayak 15'7" but I don't think casting is a good idea while standing. It uses all my concentration to stay dry. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts