close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wild life area (Yondota rd Oregon)

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mrm123, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Whats up with this place? I found out about it Sat when I was at Meinke waiting for the choclate milk to settle down out on the Erie. I found it and it looks like a weedy dirty cannel or channel, :confused: signs claim its a pond.

2. i've never heard of that area and fish around there alot and work in oregon. did you throw anything in it?

3. mojo, I did indeed throw something in it and it paid off BIG time. I caught some nice 3-4lb Lg Mouth. Four total in 3 hrs of fishing. I do have plans on going back this week after work. Maybe we can hook up.

4. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Its amazing what you can pull out of places like what you described !!!

5. marcbodi

marcbodi junior member

Hi Irishfisherman,
    Was you fishing in the pond right on Yondota Road.To the west there is a really big pond and creek that is a federal game reserve and no one is allowed to fish there.

6. Do not venture down the paved road. the road left is open may to sept. If you try to fish the creek just before the entrance stay on the bridge. Note there is no reference on any map about the paved road. I heard the fishing areas are at the end of that dirt rd. Not fished there yet

7. You go past the bridge and the 2 log cabin style houses on the left. You can fish the bridge if you want too, mostly gills, whitebass, catfish. Drive up the road and go to the left, there is a small parking area maybe 4 cars can fit. Theres a sign PUBLIC FISHING IN POND BEHIND THIS SIGN, you can hardly see it its covered by trees and vines. I will be there tonight about 6:30 I drive a 88 white dakota w/ a white cap on it. Names Mike anybody welcomed I hope to get at least one. Heavy line, 12-17lb, med-heavy action Rod. JIG-PIG, any thing plastic, or top water scum frog/rat. The sign says open JUNE,JULY,AUG. All Federal fishing reg apply.

8. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Hey guys, I appreciate the pointers and update on the area, thanks for the invite too by the way, prob. not make it tonight, i hope i can fish the area sometime though

Paul