close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wild and Crazy day!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishslim, May 22, 2007.

1. Well what a day. Coming home today just outside Marysville small town east on rt.36 going thru and saw a woman walking around corner of her house and collapse forward to ground. Slowed way down and saw her try to get up and could not so pulled in driveway turned around to her driveway by then she had managed to sit up. Asked if needed help she could not move left side so i tried to call 911 on cell of course bad signal and not go thru. Was able to get her to let me call from her house phone she was there by herself husband at work. got them and squad was sent stayed with her till squad arrived. Got her husband on cell which now had signal:eek: he talked with her got her calmed down. He told me she had a stroke 5 months ago and said she told him earlier she was not feeling good. took about 15 minutes for squad in that time countless cars went by and slowed done none stopped to see if all was alright. Was glad i went by when i did and hope all turned out well for her. So i decided to go get boat and settle nerves water at Oshay for crappies. Well all was going well then i bump into my windshield on boat and a screw came out allowing window to pull out of framing. I was impressed:mad: 1/2 hour later finally get window back in rubber seal and back in frame. Got back to fishing we were getting lot of 9-10" crappies but no Oshay Sows. Finally one area woke up and we 10-15 12-14" pigs in boat of course to keep day going i lost a large 15" plus at boat trying to flip her in only to flip her off. Got nice mess of crappies headed home only to get to spot where i leave my boat to find out window from wind was all messed up pulled all the way out.Told buddy cover it up lets go home deal with it tomorrow. What a day at least the fishing was good and lady was able to get help:eek: Will try to get picture from buddy of some of the dandies we got and post it later

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

glad you stopped and helped, things could have gone south real quick for her

3. Well fishingSlim, I'm not sure if you know it or not, but that is the stuff that HERO's are made of. Congratulation big guy! You just made the human race look alot like we're suppose to. GREAT JOB! May all your fishing day be loaded with slabs.

4. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

That sounds like you had a day full of emotions. Stopping and helping that lady was great, im impressed. Not enough people are willing to do that these days. Sounds like you got rewarded with karma on the fish. I don't know where that window fits in on the good karma though:confused: ?

5. optimalj

optimalj Angler

nice job, proud of you!

6. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

what a man troy.
    glad you got some of those slabs going as a reward for your good merits.

you would have laughed at the crappies i was catching last night:eek:
    but I drug home a nice stringer of what i feel was the last of the white bass run in alum. I was fishing potholes between riffles and uncovered a good patern.
    I start off in the first hole with southern pro umbrella tube and realize these fish are very unstable in these shallow pools. Got 2-3 and saw a few making a pass but not commiting. The tube was 2" and probably a bit to large and bulky. I switch over to a very small purple/silver hackle bead head jig and start working the current very slowly and pick a few more up. I was afraid to move on because the water was very low. I was sitting on the deepest pool that i knew so i made the crazy decision to throw on a mini husky jerk (silver/black) first 4 cast BAM...same areas i had just drifted that tiny jig thru? These fish were on the major defense!!
    My partner wasnt doing so well so i offered him one and he started nailing em as well. We took around 15 small crappie and 20+ nice white bass.

Who says mondays suck???

7. bassinLou

bassinLou Jiggin w/ a Crappie killa

Hey fish thats great that you helped her out. Like Pig said not to many will do that. Good job on the fish;) . By the way, good luck on that window man.

8. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Good job fishslim. You are a great American!

CG

9. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

10. Thanks guys hey newbreed try a small orange and gold floating rapala slow pumped just under surface sometime chartruese sliver works awesome to. Hang on those females will tear your arm off getting to it. Used to go thru holes at Pleasant hill and indian after people fished them with those rapalas and they would shake there heads at what they left behind!!:)

11. good job slim still some people out there who take the time to help in a critical time.......not the first time we heard a ogfer doin good deeds.........u da man

12. Good job helping her out...cant top your day myself, it was just a long, hot dirty day in the old saltmine.

13. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

you aint kidding troy ...they were turning circles on that thing!
    and now that i think about it last year the small orange floater was my knockout punch until i lost it to a tree. in past years i have used the pins minnows and small 2 hook rouges. i think i am going to stock up on a few more all the way around. you can cover water quickly and most anything will hit them. i am about to give the river smallies hell with it!!

most of the fish had the whole bait down there throats!
    one had it head first but not hooked on the front hook and all the way down in his gills and the back hook was in his lip. :confused:

14. Slim,

Thank you for stopping and helping her. I am a paramedic here in delaware county and you are the type of person who makes my job much better. Most people do not realize how little it takes to make such a big effect on a life. The fishing is a great topper but you should have had a great day even if the fish didn't hit. Again thanks from all of us in the field.