close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wifes First Bass

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by snifer, Aug 16, 2005.

1. My wife and i took our vacation this year to Patoka Lake in Indiana. This is the first year we have owened a boat so i talked her into a fishing vacation. She loves to fish but hasn't really bass fished before. Even though the lake temps ranged from 84 to 93 degrees, we stayed with the weed beds. She throwed a buzzbait for three days straight, and finally caught the best bass of our trip. it went a little over 2 pounds and boy am i damn proud of her. all she has talked about is when we get to go again. what could be better than a wife who is your fishing partner. here is a pic of her first fish on artificial tackle. good luck and tight lines

Attached Files:

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

nice pic, congratulations! :)

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I LOVE it! And on a buzzbait too! I'm sure that she was soooo excited to catch that bass. It sounds to me like she was just determined to catch a fish on that buzzbait. Persistance paid off thats for sure :B
    You're a lucky man Snifer :) Sounds to me like you've got her hooked :G
    Marcia

4. it about scared me to death when she hooked that fish. she started screaming and when i turned around and seen the fish coming out of the water i about died. she asked me where we are going this weekend and if we could get a good topwater bite. go figure.

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

My wife's first bass was on a buzzbait as well. The first time the cass struck at the bait it was a short strike and she screamed and jumped. I told her to keep realing and about 2 cranks later the fish crushed it and she had a ball reeling it in. She doesn't touch it though. Typical girl....:)

It's nice your wife likes to go with you and spend time together out on the water. Enjoy it!

6. That is a nice fish. I bet she relived that catch over and over and over. To have someone to share it with is awesome. This whole thread could turn to spouses in boats together. God help us.

7. You're a lucky guy! When I am lucky enough to get my wife into the boat she sits up front and reads. Plenty of excuses. lol Yes sir, you've got two keepers in that pic. Congrats to her.

8. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

nice fish.......

9. Carpman_1977

Carpman_1977 Big Softy the Fish Finder

My wife's first bass on a buzzbait was similar. We were fishing on Long Lake around the weeds and I told her to put on a buzzbait to see what she could get to hit. After explaining how to use it, she started to fish. Her next question was "How do I know when I have a hit?" Almost on cue, a bass came out and smacked the crap out of it. My only response was "It looks somethign like that." She yells, yanks, and misses. Now she is on a mission. A few casts later, same deal, but this time she hooked it and brought it in. Now that's all she wants to throw (even just after ice out).

10. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Okay guys, I am a woman.....I guess I'm not your TYPICAL GIRL. I deal with my own lures and taking my own fish off of the hook. (unless I'm using a hellgie) I don't mind getting dirty. I like to kiss my bass before releasing them back. I'm just as passionate about fishing as my husband. I've been his fishing partner for about eighteen years now. I just couldn't imagine not fishing or not being in the great outdoors.
    So go fish...........