Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 17ft mfg with 115hp evinrude.why would they put a permenat fuel tank under floor and 8ft of gas line to the engine??ain't that a good ways to pump fuel?as I replaced fuel line and put in a fuel water seperator.I didn't start it yet.guy before just used two 6 gallon tanks.it runs good doing that way.id like to use the perm tank for the more room.kinda curiouse how hard it is on a pump to pump that far.

Sent from my LGL55C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! bulb is close enough to motor

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
If the original tank is good, leave it alone and use it. The weight of the gas amidships is much better than in the back.

·
retired pipefitter120/669 sprinkler fitter
1,478 Posts
what is the tank made of? how long since last use? why did last owner use portable tanks? chitty old tank can be more trouble than using two portables. I would not use it unless 1.its alumn or ss 2.you clean it out properly 3. you know it dose not leak.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tank is made of plastic.tore old carpet out today.to put new in.floor is plywood fiberglassed over top.I don't think I'm gonna tackle tearing floor up.its very solid.how would I check for leaks without dunping gas into it.I'm not sure why the guy used the portable tanks.all I know is I took the cap off tank where the hoses gointo and there was no hose from the lid to bottom of tank.can't suck gas like that.so I added a peice so it reach bottom of tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts