close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Why is it that some people choose to leave their garbage behind when they are done fishing????? My gosh, if they carried it in.... I'm sure they can carry it out!!! I mean, picking up after themselves is such an easy, almost effortless thing to do.
    This just really disgusts and upsets me when people abuse and take for granted, the gift and beauty of nature that God has provided for them to enjoy.
    A little lid here... a little container there...a pop-tab here...a beer can there....it all ads up. Next time please THINK before you are so quick to leave even the smallest piece of garbage behind. :)
    [​IMG]

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Because some people who fish are just as trashy as the trash they leave behind..No respect for anything, bunch of drunks!!!!

3. Kinda like this guy....
    I left the name and location of the thread out because I was already reprimanded for my comments toward him (and had my post deleted), but Jack is right...some people think that the law isn't made for them...just you and me

4. Just clean it up and try not to worry about it. I've accually gotten in altercations over this very subject. I'm not above getting in more over the same thing but the smart thing to do is clean it up. I do

5. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I actually know a place that bank fisherman actually clean up after themselves then hang the plastic bag in a tree where they fished. I can't believe they go through the trouble picking up the trash to hang the bag in a tree. Why not just take it and throw it away. Da!!! They do this to this spot alot. I just don't get it. It is those people who give the fisherpeople a bad name. I try to pick up as much as i can while im out. I have two livewells and the one i don't use gets filled up with all kinds of junk i reel in and pick up on the lake. I wish people would not throw their line back into the water, i get tons of it. Then who looks bad when a heron is all wrapped up in the stuff! We better help and clean up after these people cause they never will. They have no respect for the environment or anything but themselves. I bet 99 percent of people on this site don't do this stuff. O.K. enough, I know what you guys mean and it sucks.

6. I posted that idea on the old site. I take a couple of empty bags with me, fill one up and hang one in a tree nearby. I don't mind caring a bag of trash from a fishing area...at least they are putting it in a bag and not throwing it on the ground. Sometimes I'll go back and the bag will be gone, I don't know if someone else is taking them out or what happens to them, but I like to think the idea is working.

7. Last year while ice fishing at Shreve Lake, as soon as I pulled in the parking lot I seen a couple of things on the ice. I walked up to it and it was 2 propane canisters, a tarp and 2 empty wax worm containers. Man was I pissed. I hunt and fish there ALOT and to see that kind of crap laying around disgusts me. I picked it up and threw it away at my house. I also pick up empty shells if I see them as well. Hell I don't even drop my cig butts on the ground. They go in my pocket as well. OK enough venting........Rich

8. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

that looks like the shore of tappen lake after a holiday weekend. both my wife and i fish the shore there and we keep garbage bags in both our vehicles. we just clean the area up ourselves when we fish.

9. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Worm containers. At least they should make them out of paper or something that will degrade instead of plastic.

They should make it a requirement to have some sort of bag with you at all times when you fish. At least then the borderline people who are littering might not if they had a bag with them.

One of those blue bags from the grocery store would fold up and fit inside one small compartment of a tackle box.

Littering like that in the pic betrays a selfish, disrespectful attitude. Thats just one symptom of a bigger problem than littering. These people just dont give a

10. i think the biodegradable bait containers should be law...

11. I meant to post a OGF trash can idea on this thread but it has its own thread now.

12. I like the trash can idea in it's own thread better...Great idea