close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DavidWS10, May 14, 2004.

1. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Why are some people so anti-social and destructive? Last night, somebody broke into the place where I store my boat. They hit my boat, another boat, 2 camping trailers, and a huge motor coach. Although nothing was removed from my boat (I at least was smart enough to remove everything of value after I used the boat), they took a knife to the cover for my boat and destroyed it, as well as the tarp I had on over the cover. When I got the call about this first thing this morning, I was nearly sick. Right now I'm just furious, and wishing I could get my hands on those responsible. The Hamilton County Sherriff's department is investigating. Also, thankfully no damage was done to my boat.

2. catking

catking Banned

There is nothing worst than people who help themselves to others belongings that were bought and paid for by hard work. They used to shoot horse thieves correct??? I'm glad your boat was not damaged David. CATKING ;)

3. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I believe they still do in Texas.
    Glad your boat wasn't damaged.

4. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

You hate to hear of things like this. There really is no reason for this type of behavior.

It makes me sick to even think something like this has even happened. Sorry to hear of your loss. I guess you can always be happy it wasn’t any worse.

5. BUMMER David,at least it still floats.I hate theives :mad: :mad: To bad we can't take turns breaking their fingers if they are caught! Daryl

6. JBJ

JBJ

Let me know when you are forming the posse. I don't believe in Corporal punishment when a Major beating is called for...

7. Kindlebeard

Kindlebeard OGF Birchbass Champ!!!

Let me know if they catch them. I will build a woodshed to take them out behind...

8. Sorry to here that David. :mad: I hope they are caught. It wouldn't fix your boat but some jail time for them would be somewhat satisfying.

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I hate thear this, I have a bunch of people like that who live around me, I worry all the time about being ripped off.

10. DavidWS10

Well, I've now had 48 hours to cool off. And although I'm still angry this happened, I know there is nothing I can do to make it go away. I want to thank everyone for their supportive comments. Nobody should have to go through something like this, but unfortunately it happens. Also, I'm going to try to patch my old cover before I go out and buy another one.

11. David does the place where you store your boat have insurance? also it may be covered by your homeowners or renters insurance. just a thought.

12. DavidWS10

I'm looking into all of that tomorrow.

13. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Sorry to hear about that Dave.

Glad they did no major damage to the boat. I hope they catch and prosecute the thieves to the full extent of the law.

I will be happy when people have fishing stories instead of horror stories like this.

14. sucks hope they catch the scum