close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Me?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Well had the follow up today from the torture treatment couple weeks ago. To say the least BAD NEWS. Not only will I have to get surgery, but they will need to fuse it. If that isnt bad enough docs tells me that I will live the rest of my life in pain :( They is really no treatment for the disease i have. :( No more physical activity. Everything i do i will need to be thinking of my back, and if it might hurt me I cant do it. Basically ill be stuck behind a desk for the rest of my life worrying about what i might do that will hurt me. Im really really really bumbed out right now. To be 27 and get that kind of news is heart breaking. I guess its a good thing i got the trollin motor for the canoe, cause i cant or not supposed to paddle anymore.

Really just needed to vent! Thanks for all your support. Ill let yall know when surgery is!

Jason

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

doood..just hang in there..i'm sure there are some kind of help out there..
    if you need anything..gimme a call..u got my digits.. :)

3. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Do what you can do. Beat this thing. Don't give up. My back hurts every day and im 30. Hate to find out what the problem is. (with me). Some days i feel like im 60 with back pain. But some days are good. Good luck man.

4. Make sure you work the benefits that might be available to you. They can be critical to you and those that depend on you. Maybe if you take it easy, then you will have plenty of quality time. The trick will be to figure out how to manage the pain....the pills, the dosage, the physical therapies, the mind control. The drugs can be confusing since it just depends on each person as to what will help and what does not help. But you will figure it out if you just work on it. I have a ton of experience in those matters due to my wife's condition. Keep your chin up. Its tough, it takes time, but it is doable.

5. When it comes to doctors and back pain, they're usually wrong. So hang in there.

6. I agree with that to an extent. Have been to the emergancy room 4 or 5 times. Each time it was the same. You just strained it, rest it will get better. The my family doc just put me on pain pills, and muscle relaxers for 2 months. When it didnt get better then referd me to the ohio spine institute. They did couple of epaderals. Steriod injections directly into my spine. When that didnt help, it was off to see a neuro surgeon.

The doctors im seeing now are top notch. this is all they do. Waited 19 weeks to get into them. So I dont doubt what they say.

Ill do what i can when i can. It just sucks to be this young and have to deal this kind of problem. Hell he said ive got the back of a 70 year old man that worked in a mine all their life :(

7. Sorry to hear that Crown. My wife has back promblems as well. She has gone through the shots in the spine also. She has her good days as her bad days also. Hope everything works out for you................Rich

8. catking

catking Banned

Sorry to hear this. When they start talkin fuseing :( 27 is way to young for this, buit like you said, it's more than back trouble. Good luck to you, sometimes we don't see the big picture. CATKING

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that its come to this for you. But at least it sounds like you have top notch Dr.s . As the guys have been telling you, ...adapt, and overcome. There will be ways to do so. Just don't let it keep you down.

- Jim

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hang in there J. We're pullin for ya around here. Perhaps once the surgery is over, you will find out otherwise. If ya need anything......you know where to find me.

11. JBJ

JBJ

I hate to hear you are going through this J. I sure do hope the docs are wrong and there will be something that comes up to fix the situation. We all know that docs talk the worst at times so you can tell them it's not as bad as they said later on. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You keep on keepin' on because medicine keeps coming up with miracles from heaven.

12. I appreciate all your guys/gals kind words and support. Im trying to keep a positive attitude, but seeing my grandpa with this disease kind of discourages me. Ill do what i can when i can, and probably slow the pace down drasticaly. I just hope i can get on our charter october 10th and 11th ;)