close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why does my Post keep getting Taken down

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by papaperch, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Are garage sales forbidden in the marketplace forum now ? My post has been removed twice now with no explanation. When a post is taken down. Why no explanation as to how the posting broke posting rules.

Saugeyefisher likes this.
  2. Read the Marketplace rules....Prices are needed, location is needed.....You should post the garage sale in the lounge or NE Ohio reports I would guess....Or maybe Hot Deals........Or post the prices of a couple items and say there are other items to be had....You did say you were firm on the price so you may as well tell us what the prices are....

3. Have posted about garage sales in past. Searched forum prior to posting seen other garage sales.

4. Ya if market-place rules are not followed to a t,they'll shut her down....
    I've seen several garage sells advertised on the regional forums that stayed up. Try that. Might get more views if it's local to.

5. Waiting on reply from monitor. Not that it is going to change a thing. Seriously thinking just cancelling my account.Rules are rules and if they are that important god bless them. Their playground but I can choose to play elsewhere. Explained in posting that it was just too much to list individual prices.

Evidently the site has just outgrown old codgers like me. No big deal either way. From what I seen in search of marketplace forum. My posting was subject to the rules while other members were not. This is what is not acceptable to me.

6. AtticaFish

AtticaFish Jiggin Freak

Don't let it bug you too much papaperch. I'd do like others mentioned and post it in the NE section. Worst they can do is take it down.... again. Maybe someone will decide to tell you WHY they took it down after enough times? haha Are you sitting on any old simple flashers? Shoot me a PM if you are. I know your taste in electronics so my kinda simple may not be an option. I'm still running a H-Bird 35 but want a separate unit so i can take along other people who don't usually get out on the ice.

7. You only have to list 1 item on the marketplace with a price and give the address of the garage sale...........

TClark likes this.

8. "I'm leaving threads" are my favorite.

TClark, crappiedude and Snakecharmer like this.
  9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

It appears it was removed because no price(s) were included or the vagueness of items for sale. It's clearly stated in the marketplace rules for posting. It's one of the main reasons post get removed or locked.
    I'd suggest you post your sale in a regional forum with minimum info. with location and time.
    Also, you'd get a quicker response if you contact a staff member with any concern.

FTR...you can't cancel your account.

Saugeye Tom, crappiedude and ezbite like this.
  10. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

Just a tad bit cold, this is not a guy that just joined last week and is unhappy with his new environment.

Lowerider1029, stormfront and bobk like this.
  11. ress

ress

IMO the only thing that needs too be tweeked here is when a post or thread gets removed, locked, is a notice why. Does't have to be explained all though that would be nice.

12. bobk

bobk

There's a post like yours in the marketplace right now. See if it stays.

13. Hook N Book

I only let him know he can not cancel his membership. I'm not sure what's cold about stating a fact.

14. They locked it. But it's still there to be seen. ........

Hooknbook,your an awesome moderator!I've been on ogf/gfo a long time an I don't ever recall you "throwing your authority around",or holding grudges,your quick to help people with any problems they might have. And you contribute as a member at the same time. I appreciate ya!

15. Hook N Book

Thanks for the kind words. However, there are some that would beg to differ and some are no longer members. LOL

Saugeye Tom and TClark like this.
  16. And with the size of the membership here,there always will be.... I've said it before an I'll say it again,if be downright embarrassed as an adult to be "banned" from a fishing web-forum (free at that).....

jrose, ress, Saugeye Tom and 2 others like this.
  17. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

My apologies, I read the response wrong. One of the reasons I don't normally try to visit here on my mobile device, everything is too small and compact for my old eyes to comprehend.

18. Can you post directions to the sale here?

Saugeye Tom likes this.
  19. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Thousands of members = Thousands of different personalities