Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noaa once again calls for light NE winds today and its 18 kts at the Turn Boey. This has been going on all year. They call for NE winds and less than 2 ft, waves and its rolling about 3-4 at least. I know this bitch fest has been done before but why do they constantly try to tell me it's gonna be less than 2 on a NE wind,especially in the western basin? And why do I keep thinking they are gonna be right for a change? NE thru tues? YUCK! Ok I'm done ranting, I'm going back to bed. Maybe when I get up they will be right. At least they have changed it to 1-3 now.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
i feel your pain! living sooooo far away and only able to go on weekends when cash flow is good it really limits my chances and then i have to deal with BAD forcasters and a brisk NE wind!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Up at 4a and knew I was in trouble when seeing all the boats'n'trailers heading the opposite direction from Mazuriks. Biggest 1-3's I've seen so I turned around and I'm now home tying harnesses and emptying barley pops on the porch. Not all bad day I guess.

GR

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Anytime you see a "north" wind, expect to have bad waves.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
They are saying 2 ft or less now...
they are still lying. was in port clinton this morning running errands and watched a 30' boat leave the portage river and get up on plane. looked like an amusment park ride.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Well glad I stopped here was leaving out of Columbus for sunday morning. Now I am reconsidering.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
The Cleveland crib cam looks real nice

·
Registered
166 Posts
Saturday: ENE wind around 11 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.

Saturday Night: NE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.

Sunday: ENE wind 6 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.

Sunday Night: NE wind 5 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.

This is from the National Weather Service site in the Sandusky/Marblehead area . We'll see what it truly brings. Does anybody show anything different for that area? I hope not.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeh its dropped to 2 kts at the turnaround at 2 pm. Gonna head out and see if we can bag a few.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Saturday: ENE wind around 11 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.

Saturday Night: NE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.

Sunday: ENE wind 6 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.

Sunday Night: NE wind 5 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.

This is from the National Weather Service site in the Sandusky/Marblehead area . We'll see what it truly brings. Does anybody show anything different for that area? I hope not.
take a look at this site- http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?siteID=1869&Isection=Forecast+Graphs&regionID=95

sunday monday and tuesday look decent if you can believe them.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Does anyone have a site to open on a cell phone browser that will show the conditions ?
www.wunderground.com works pretty good on smart phones. I use a blackberry all the time. It won't show wave forecasts but will show winds. Also weather.com has a mobile app

·
Registered
448 Posts
A few days ago the forcast was for 1-3 footers. I launched from Catawba State Park and was on the west side of Rattlesnake before the sun came up. Got to drift fish for a short time before there were whitecaps all around. I fish from a 16' Crestliner, so had to abort... again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts