close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

why am i getting this error message

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Oct 18, 2008.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

im trying to put EasyGPS on my computer. I have an old computer, with windows 98. this program is supposed to work with windows 98.

program: EasyGPS (Me/98) 1.3.7

once i download, whether i open it or save it then try to run it, i get the following error message:

This program requires Windows NT version 5.0 or later.

any of you computer gurus know why this is happening?

thanks for reading this post.

2. hardwaterfan

i partially figured this out, the verson that is actually downloaded isnt 1.3.7. it actually says version 2.9.6 or something

in a one in a million chance if anyone knows where i can download this EasyGPS (Me/98) 1.3.7

i would appreciate it.

3. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

I downloaded and ran this program on my computer and it worked fine. I have xp home edition so it may not. But I know the program is good.

english.ircfast.com/lv/group/view/kl41416/EasyGPS_Me_98_.htm - 9k

4. This means that the EasyGPS software is made for Windows 2000 or later (2000, ME, XP, Vista.).

5. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

if you downloaded it from the internet, go back to the site and make sure you downloaded the one that is compatible with your operating system

6. hardwaterfan

thanks for the help guys. makes sense.

7. hardwaterfan

fellas, thanks for the assistance. i appreciate the help.

this one guy from another site sent me a CD that has Garmin Trip and Waypoint Manager on it, and it works. I really like it. So im good for now.

8. no problem. I can help you with computers, you can help me catch some fish! :)