close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whos Better for Fishing, Bush OR Kerry

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Jooak9, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who does everyone think is better for fishing, George W. Bush, or John Kerry? All opinions are welcomed.

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Bet this one gets locked in a hurry........
    Don't know is my opinon. Seems that the Clean Water Act passed by Clinton got things cleaned up. At least that's what a DNR officer told me re: the condition of the Ohio River, He told me it's the best it's ever been ( that was 2-3 years ago). I've also heard that during the Bush administration they rolled back many of pollution restraints to "help" businesses, also I know recently I read where they've changed the permissible amounts of lead permitted in the water. Lead gets in the water from the burning of coal in the power plants. So between lifting air pollution and relaxing standards on pollution ...who knows. It's purported that higher pollution has a direct corralation to illnesses in children, like asthma, etc. Of course, life expectancy is reduced, elderly have to stay indoors. So at what cost does it really cost to have pollution control ?? It's even argued that by putting them into effect, new jobs are created and new industries to implemant them. I don't know. Just some of the stuff I've heard.

3. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

George Bush, lifetime member of BASS.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Your right It is closed. You knew better than that :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.