Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who all is going, and where is everyone camping? Myself and about 5 other guys will arriving on friday and leaving on monday. We don't know where we will be camping at. we'll probably figure that out when we get there.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I will. Taking the kids youth turkey hunting. If your hunting mushrooms pls keep in mind that there will be hunters in the woods. Youth turkey hunting last all day Sat/Sun not just till noon like it is for adults. If your fishing don't catch them all!

·
>
252 Posts
...as bass fishing, but is anyone fishing for gills? I know it's still early to be bedding but I'm ready for a fish fry!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Boom Boom I was down there the last weekend of March and we caught more than we wanted to keep. I was amazed at the size, all seemed to be 6.5-8.5 inches. Ice jigs tipped with wax worm fish at about 3 ft was the ticket. Memorial day weekend always seems to put them on beds and then its on fire.

·
>
252 Posts
Thanks Squid, I will be there Memorial Day weekend, in fact, the 18th thru the 28th.

·
You can run !
209 Posts
Well now, I'm almost ready to roll on outa here. Can't wait to get to whatever campsite. I hope the kid enjoys this as much as I will. So, if the fish are biting that should take her mind off the cell phone, LOL... :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
I was down yesterday and the gills were all over my wax worms and earthworms. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into the bass at all. I hiked to a spot I had fished before and both times I've been there, I have seen the same massive bass cruising this one shallow cove. It simply dwarfs the other bass around. It doesn't seem as big as the 20-21 inch bass I have caught elsewhere, but I would bet it's pushing 19 inches or so. The thing is nice and plump, too, lol! Unfortunately, it wouldn't take anything I offered either time I've been there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts