Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning the boat sunday afternoon, this fellow put his pretty boat into
the pilings on the west bank of Irishtown Bend (just downstream o Columbus Road). When we left, they had divers looking at the boat. Seems he may have put a few pilings into the boat, Towboat couldn't pull him off.....
Was a 36ft Formula....

Attachments

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,461 Posts
Great way to ruin a 250K boat. Idiot. They should have a driving course for boats over 25 foot. Just because you can afford a boat like that doesn't mean you know how to drive it.

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think a driving course would have helped.
We saw this guy earlier, and he seemed a lil wasted then.
We almost felt sorry for him, the ODNR gave him hell (and a sobriety test), but he was lucky. He was supposed to be picking someone up to go back out and they might have both gotten killed.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,461 Posts
Everything happens for a reason, good thing he didn't make it back out. That's one boat you don't want to be driving while intoxicated, regardless it's not something you should be doing but even moreso in a rig that can reach speeds over over 70 that's a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I sure wouldn't feel bad.... he deserves it.... im glad u took back your feelings Creek....

and i hope no one got hurt...

good pics there.. and another great reminder for the holiday!!!

dupa jas ........ sure cant buy common sense , can ya...

Frank

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Great way to ruin a 250K boat. Idiot. They should have a driving course for boats over 25 foot. Just because you can afford a boat like that doesn't mean you know how to drive it.
WHAT!!!:mad: ive seen complete IDIOTS in $100 12' long do similar things...so..:confused: i'll leave it at that

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,461 Posts
Yeah but in a 36 foot formula cabable of very high speeds you put many other boaters and people at risk. How much damage could you do in a 12 footer that probably goes less than 10 mph. you could run in a wall and probably not injure yourself. Same thing with auto's a 18 wheeler can cause much more havoc on the road than a go cart. Size, weight and speed does matter. I leave it at that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the length of your boat should never ecxeed your IQ.
One less boat to come blowing by you at 100 yards, while your trolling,which is a good thing.Im running out of new expletives to yell.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
humm good thought Mr. Mallard

fiesty this morning eh!!!!

Kev is right.... i will leave it at that!

Frank

·
Administrator
9,455 Posts
When back on dry land, I'll bet that boat gets a very thorough safety inspection too. That could add more misery to the dumb-arse's consequences (we can only hope).

Whether by land or water, no sympathy for drunk drivers here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts