close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who will win?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Anth, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Spinning.

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Baitcast.

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Spincast.

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Other.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. What tipe of reel cast's the farthest?

2. I think that the world record for casting distance was set using a baitcaster.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have always heard in the right hands a baitcaster will out cast a spinning reel, my hands must not be right.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Roosters Right...world record just over 300 yrds was set with a bait caster...all the pro competition casters use baitcasters.

Scott

5. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

No contest. Conventional reels cast far better than other types in the hands of experienced casters. The reels we call baitcasters are included in this category but are not the same as what are used for competition casting. The drawback to distance casting with spinning outfits is mostly caused by line slap on the guides.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Conventional or multiplier reels.....there all types of "baitcaster" style reels. The ones used in long distance competion casting are highly tuned, the best parts and loads of upgrades..plus they all run NON-levels winds as this feature slows down the spool speed.

I can cast to around 150-160 yrds with my 13' distance spinning outfits, but can cast father with my distance casting gear for sure!!

Not many have seen these guys in action or handled the gear...trust me spinning gear casts perfect, but for true long range casting, nothing comes close to a fine tuned baitcaster.

http://www.century.gb.com/sea/seanews.htm

7. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

I voted for baitcasters although I never took the time to really use one properly they still seem more smooth with all those bearings and widgets in there!

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

More bearing are nice..i know ive got spinning reels with 10+ bearings and they make rel with over 14 bearings now....most very good baitcasters only have 6-8 bearings..but its the design of the reels that makes the biggest difference...for some reason the baitcasters generate unreal spool RPM speeds and handle distance casting much better.
    I know i have a baitcaster set up that has ceramic bearing in it instead of stainless steel...less friction and take heat way better than steel ones....but they cost almost 2x's as much. plus reel oil plays a bigger part than most know or think about....rocket fuel is my #1 choice for best reel lubes and oils.

Scott