close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who saw the brawl?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by archman, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Wasn't that the ugliest and craziest thing you've ever seen. It looked like it was right out of a movie. Artest should get a huge suspension for going into the stands, and whoever threw the beer at him should be arrested. It's only a matter of time before a fan pulls out a gun and shoots a player at a game.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yea I saw it, very bad..Alot of the players have been suspended.

3. Indy/detroit or the south carolina game

4. The players involved would be suspended for the rest of the season but the desire by the networks and owners for the almighty big dollar won't let that happen :rolleyes: . The cotton pickin, overpaid athletes don't have the intelligence how to control themselves and seem to think they are above acceptable normal behavior and the rules of society. The actions exhibited by many of the football players only reinforces how self centered they really are.
    Wonder what a clause in the professional athlete's contract that revoked their pay and nullified their contract in the event of suspension would do to their childish performances? The magnitude of the fines handed out by the league or associations are a joke and are done only to make the less wealthy (poor) Fan believe that there is real concern. :rolleyes:
    This whole sports pay and behavior thing has gotten out of control and will hopefully come to an end down the road when the Fan decides to quit paying the high dollar to watch these clowns other than on TV and then turning that off when it becomes "pay to see".

GOSH! I can't believe I was able to contain myself long enough to express my feelings without violating the TOS regarding improper language. :)

5. Well Said Shortdrift..over Paid Guys That Would Even Do It For A Hundred Grand A Yr........

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I went to a WWF Smackdown and an NBA game broke out. :D I am not a big NBA fan...I refer the college game and don't watch the pro's until the finals.
    But how could anyone not have seen it. It was shown over and over all weekend on most channels. While I don't condone the action of the ways in which the Indy players went into the stands, the question has to be asked. At what point does one have to tolerant some ignorant and drunken fan who thinks he has the right to throw things or even put his hands on these guys???? There is enough blame to spread to all parties involved from the lack of security enforcement right down to the fan who thinks it's okay to pour their drink on the players as they exited the arena floor. For Artest to go into the stands as he did only reinforces his lack of class and he should receive an extended suspension. What's the deal with a chair being thrown into the melee??? That obviously came from a person relatively far from the activity but felt he had to be invovled...what's up with that? Then you had the imbecile down on the floor in front of the Pacers bench who was a Pistons fan. That guy confronts Artest and gets slugged. He gets up still mouthing off only to get floored by O'neal...Wow...That idiot got everything he deserved. Well, after all the lawsuits are settled and suspensions served...will anything really change in the NBA???

7. catking

catking Banned

The bottom line of the law ? No matter what the fans do, never.NEVER enter the stands and punch a fan. The police are there to pull the fan out for throwing things. That in itself is criminal. Artest has been trouble since he came into the league. I think the Commish will throw him out for good. And he should. David Stearns won't put up with this type of action. To punch a fan is VERY BAD.......... Tonight we will know as Sterns said he will hand down the penaties......... CATKING

8. Everyone involved feels a sense of entitlement because of the money they paid or are paid. Fans pay hundreds of dollars to sit close to the stands, and they felt they were allowed to react in such a manner. Which they're not of course. But the players feel that the millions of dollars a year they make entitles them to react they way they did. Again, they are way off. I see Artest is gone for the year. A good start.

But the problem will continue as long as the mney is there. And whether you watch the NBA or whatever other sport on TV, your cable company sends a percentage of each check to the NBA, NFL, whatever. We are paying for this, and as consumers we should be outraged.

Eric

9. Even though it was a black eye for the NBA, it sure makes the Cavs playoff hopes a reality. They might win their division over this. :)

10. Doesn't it seem ironic that Artest requested a month off to chill out after cutting a rap album,and the suspension he was given was 30 games? The one main point a lot of people are forgetting,it doesn't matter what the NBA comissioner says,or does,like the NFL and MLB,the NBA has a union,and literally no matter what any player does,the union would never allow a player to be kicked out of the league.I think when Sprewell tried to kill his coach,he should have received a lifetime ban,but we all know what happened.Where else but in the world of professional sports can somebody one day be involved in a double homicide,and the next day be the Super Bowl MVP?

11. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Artest was suspended for the rest of the season, 73 games.

12. Good,now He Will Have Time For His Rap Music.......lol.........

13. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Not that what he did was right but if I were Jermain O'neil I would be protesting my suspension. I didn't see this till last night but from what I saw he was fighting fans that were on the floor? Again it was poor judgement on his part but it looked as though he was trying to help defend his team mates? By the way he sure did floor that guy Artest was fighting towards the end of the fight. :eek: I will say he probably deserves some sort of suspension but 30 games is too much..........

14. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

give em all the electric chair.