close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who plays Disc Golf?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NickRummy, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Anyone from the site play? You guys seem like a nice group and I'm always looking for someone to go out and play a few rounds with so if anyone else plays let me know. I can get out to Hudson Springs around 5:30. I can also play the course in Medina around the same time but rather play Hudson since its closer to my house.

Nick

2. Played Norwalk Blue Heron today and have played there more than once week, average, for the past 3+ years. Excellent course.

Yesterday, did the Wellington, Findlay State park course. Interesting.

Played Columbus, I think it is called Scioto River park, a couple of times

Played Bowling Green twice.

I'm not very good but it is excellent aerobic exercise. No hole in ones yet, but have seen lots of them. Many very good players from the area here.

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i've played a few times. i like the canton course i believe it's 27 holes and man was my arm sore. anyone play the course on lake erie?

4. Johnboy, How do you mainly throw the disc? Regular back hand or side arm? You're right that course in Canton is LONG!!!!

I've played that course that is on Erie. It's called Sims park in Euclid. That is a great course. Especially the front 9 since its on the beach. The back 9 is a bit boring since it's all in fields though.

I'm going out to play massillon's course on thursday with some friends. I've played the following courses:

Canton - Arboretum-Spiker Park
    Hudson - Hudson Springs Park
    Euclid - Sims Park
    Medina - Roscoe Ewing Park
    Massillon - Lincoln Park (Oak Ledges DCG)

5. I just started last summer and im hooked. I mainly play just 3 courses in columbus. Hoover dam (brent hambrick memorial), Griggs dam, and one northwest of C-bus at glacier ridge park. No hole in ones yet but my best round is 6 under at Griggs, counting them all as par 3s. Theres a new course at Delaware lake, that I would like to play. I keep saying that If im up at erie and I get blown off the lake. Ill go play a new course, but The darn weather keeps cooperating!

6. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Okay, I'll ask for everyone. What is disc golf? From what I read so far it sounds like shotput. :confused:

7. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

read about it here its a combo of ulitimate frizbe golf and basket ball kinda
    http://www.pdga.com/

we were going to put a course in at kent state but i think they couldent find funding for it

8. Its just like REAL golf only instead of holes there are baskets and instead of hitting a ball with a club you throw a disc.

There are hundreds upon hundreds of different discs that you can use just like golf clubs. Each with its own flying pattern and characteristics. Some for driving, midrange, approach, putting. It's a blast.

If there is a course you can play with a normal frisbee too. You don't HAVE to use discs. Best thing is it's FREE to play on the courses. They are usually in parks.

9. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

That actually looks like it would be fun. I suck at regular golf. I shot a 117 LOL at short-holes around 20 years ago. Needless to say I never tried it again. :D

10. It's a blast! I started playing 2 years ago but didn't play at all last year. I'm just now getting decent at it. On a good accurate drive I'll get 300' or so. People that can drive really well can hit 500'+.

It's just fun to get out and walk around. My girlfriend loves it too. oh yeh, did I mention its free? :D (besides buying discs if you want to)

If anyone can make it to the Massillon course around 5:30pm or so this Thursday and wants to give it a shot let me know. I have a few extra discs I can bring. Big groups of people are fun but ya gotta remember to keep playing and not stand around and watch other people or you get traffic jams on the course.

11. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i throw regular. oh yeah. i work at play it again and we are one of the only places in akron that has discs. stop up and i'll hook you up.

12. Johnboy, sent you a PM. I might have bought some discs from you! I buy most of mine online though.

13. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

we can order just about anyone you might need. oh and I got the messages. hit me up sometime buddy

14. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

I used to be an avid player playing over 100 rounds a year some years. Of couse some days we'd play 3-4rounds. Ive always played at just 2 places in Columbus. Sharon woods and Hoover. Let me tell ya, there's quite a difference in the 2. I always shot for 12 under or better at Sharon woods but my goal at Hoover was only 2-3 under. The couse at Hoover is so tough its like the US Open at Oakmont. Thats why I usually just went to Sharon woods. I haven't been yet this year though. If anyone wants to play a few rounds let me know.

As far as distance goes I learned a long time ago that I can roll a disc alot farther than I can throw it, with accuracy too. Its what I call my "holy roller" tee shot:) .

The only thing I dont like about the sport is playing when the ground is wet. I get so much torque built up at the tee that I fall and bust my big ass occasionally on the tee box when its slick so it spooks me. My friends call it the "elephant and mouse syndrome".

15. yeh... Not a fan of playing when the ground is wet. I always tend to take it a lot easier.

It's to bad you are so far away! I'm going out with 3-4 guys today after work to play a round. It's a tricky course. LOTS of trees.

16. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Yeah, too bad. Trees huh? You'll have to break out the "holy roller" and the "tomahawk" shot alot then.

17. Ahhh yes the tomahawk will be friend today for sure :D

18. Wow is massillon a harder course than I remembered. I played bad. Really bad. +4 for 18 holes. I can count 4 holes off the top of my head where I hit a tree within 25' of the tee. Choked on a few easy puts too.

If anyone is interested i'm going to try and hit hudson springs this weekend sometime.