close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who is "Zip"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

All I know is that Zip is a new member, has not posted anything in any forums, is unreachable through private messaging via OGF, and requested that he not be contacted through email. Zip... if you are reading this... what have I ever done to you that would make you want to intentionally hurt my feelings through your actions on this website? Seriously, why dont you contriubte more on this website then just rating all of my photos with a "1"? Are my photos really that offensive to you or do you just derive a great amount of pleasure knowing that I would be hurt? This website is not a "photo judging" website Zip, it is a place to exchange knowledge and experiences with other people that share the same passion. If all you want to do is sit around rating peoples photos, try going to www.ratemyphoto.com or some other goofy website like that.
    I would appreciate a private message, or public response from you Zip. If you don't like me... tell me....but, dont hide behind the annonimity of the web, that's child's play. I will anxiously be waiting to read your fishing stories, and see your photos in your gallery. The difference is that you can be assured that I would never rate any photo on this website with a "1". As the matter of fact....I think this whole rating thing is kinda goofy. (Although I do like being able to make comments to other people on their photos) In the meantime Zip... BE NICE. This is a great website, with a wealth of information, and a TON of SERIOUSLY WONDERFUL people! I will tell you that if you plan on barging into this website with a negative tone to your voice (words,ratings,comments), from what I have seen in the past, that doesn't go over too well around here. Kindness goes a long way Zip, you may want to remember that next time you feel like being nasty to someone that you dont even know.

2. dip

dip dip

NOT "zip"!

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I wouldn't sweat it Reel Lady.....internet sites always attract their share of...well, let's just say a broad spectrum of humankind. I never even checked my photos to see how they've been rated. Although now I expect to hear from your new friend ;)
    Anyway, funny how the name is zip and dip responded, because....he used to be a pip, worked for Gladys Knight. :D (jk) I know dip & he's a straight up guy. :p
    Here's another way to look at it, you've got a secret admirer, maybe. :confused: Maybe you intimidate him/her so that's their way of getting your attention.
    Keep posting pictures & keep those stories coming. :)

4. Don't sweat it Marcia. Everyone has their own opinions, some we can agree on and some we disagree, but it's all OK. Better just to let it roll off your shoulders let get you worked up.
    I'm sure Zip will spend the time to get to know the site, just gotta give 'em time.
    photo.net is another photo-hosting/rating site you can check out too. I even have a portfolio there.

Anyway, keep cool and don't let it get you down.

5. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Marcia, I agree with what Jim and Big Daddy said. Don't let anyone's negativity get to you. Keep on posting the great pics and fishing reports. And I believe that most of us really do appreciate all of your great contributions to this site.

6. i am not zip either!!!!

i find no fault with most of your pictures except a few.i see no value of some of the poses that you enjoy, on a fishing website.call me puritan ----old fashioned
    i responded in a situation that allowed for a response/rating under my screen name.

Ignore the ignorant comments RL, you'll get that from time to time. Your gallery has a bunch of great photos of you, your family, and your passion for fishing. don't let a dumb comment keep you from sharing.

i agree in part with capt
    Your gallery has a bunch of great photos of you, your family, and your passion for fishing.

but i am not ignorant
    1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics> b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
    2 : UNAWARE, UNINFORMED
    - ig·no·rant·ly adverb
    - ig·no·rant·ness noun

nor dumb
    Main Entry: dumb
    Pronunciation: 'd&m
    Function: adjective
    6 a : lacking intelligence : STUPID b : showing a lack of intelligence <asking dumb questions> c : requiring no intelligence <dumb luck>

i do enjoy your posts

7. I come into contact with many women by either showing them ultra-lite fishing or teaching them the outdoors of camping and fishing.
    I make it a point to try to never respond to the types that posted about photos. but this is a exception.
    I have followed your posts and I must say , never meeting you, your some Lady.
    Just keep posting and ignore the ones that have a hard time with it.
    Maybe you should think about writing a piece for the local paper. Lord knows there's more input needed from the female sector out there, to show it's a worth while adventure and anyone can produce with the right knowledge.

Just keep up the good work and you will find you will gain the respect of those who pursue the ability to learn and become more knowedgeable.

My Hats off to you Lady,
    Jim G.

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Hi Marcia, by having come to know Rob and you, I know that are a sincere and very giving person. You both fit in great here and are among friends as you well know. Carl said it best, (though I know) it still hurts even as you try to ignore it.

Thank you for bringing him/her to our(Team) attention, and let us know if there is anything that we can do further than looking into their account (which we WILL DO).
    Malcontents, and disrespect toward others (as you pointed out) are not acceptable here, nor tolerated. I'll check them out and get back to you personally.

- Jim

9. catking

catking Banned

Guys and Gals- As Member Relations Director of the OGF, I do keep an eye out for trouble brewing between members and such. The TOS clearly points out the rules on the site. If a person chooses to block PM's and Emails, that is their choice. Rating pictures as they see fit is not against the TOS. Like mentioned , sometimes we (meaning members) must see a reply/post as what it is. Remember, it can be from a 12 year old, or an 80 year old. Sometimes it might be best to over look some things ;) Thank You...

10. Reel Lady

That is what you all have become to me... My "Fishing Family". Everyone that I have ever had any type of personal contact with, either via website, hawgfest, boat ramps, parking lots, etc.. have been so so so super sweet. I feel so lucky to be part of this fantastic cyber home. The only problem I have is that I am a woman trying to play in a mans game. Yes, I have always been a Tomboy, and always will be a Tomboy. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I still have the genetics and emotions of a woman, therefore my emotions run high. I like to think of myself as a woman that could do anything, but gosh, when it comes to personal attacks.. I will admit, I take them very personally, and it hurts. What can I say? It's not like I can apologize for being sensitive, or do anything to change it. It is who I am. Just like in my photos, I am a woman full of contradictions. A Tomboy, a glamour queen....An intellectual geek....an air head....opinionated...submissive.....confident....insecure...The many facets of Marcia... all which are displayed in my photo album. The good, the bad... the ugly... the not so bad :)
    I just want to let all of you know that I think that you are great, and I cannot even begin to tell you how your kind words have affected me.
    I will continue making my posts, sharing my (sometimes crazy and funny) experiences, and posting pics of me being me, in all of my different shapes and forms. I will try very very hard to not let anyones opinion of my posts or photos get me down, or make me feel bad in any way. And thats a "pinkie promise" :)
    Thanks again my Fishing Family!
    Marcia

11. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

just something i think of this...fishing is just that, fishing..its not a man's nor a woman's game.. :) i really enjoy reading your posts and pictures..so pleease don't stop..
    "cyber home", "fishing family"..heh heh..i like that..

12. Reel Lady

So, here is what I discovered. Not only did this "Zip" member rate my photos with a "1", he also rated Fishnchick's photos with a "1" as well. But he rated the photo of the sexy woman in waders (who is a calendar girl) a "10". Sounds to me like he is a bit of a male chauvinist? To all of you wonderful OGF moderators... He is definitely targeting the women of this site. He even had the nerve to rate my daughters picture with a "1"!!! Personally, I don't think this guy is very nice, and it is quite obvious that he thinks that women don't belong here on this website. Boy would I love the opportunity to have a "Fish Off" with this guy! LOL I'll show him what persistance, dedication, passion, and stamina are, that's for sure!
    Stop hiding ZIP! Why dont you come on out and play???? :D After spending 24 hours on my boat, with me, I guarantee you will have a whole new respect for women that fish. And....maybe I could even teach you a thing or two? Like the first rule is.....BE NICE, BE KIND....and DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE by their appearance....Okay, so that's 3 rules :D And thats just for starters!

13. I like the idea of the fish off just for the fun of it.
    :rolleyes: Wondering if zip is a guy or gal fisherperson.
    Funny thing my 4 year old still can not decide if your picture is better than that of some of the big flatheads, he seems to be leaning to the cats.lol I think that he is going to be a cat lover over a bass lover. I myself have looked through member photo's and have enjoyed them all. Keep them coming.

14. Reel Lady it is not just you 2's photos.Don't let someone bother you that you don't even know!If it bothers you that much for someone to rate your photos,you know what to do :rolleyes: daryl

15. Reel Lady

Walter, at only 4 years old you better hope that he likes the pictures of the Cats more...Otherwise, it sounds to me like you are going to have your hands full when he reaches puberty! :D :eek:
    Take care!
    Marcia

16. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Are we seriously "calling people out" because of how they rate your pictures? For cryin' out loud.... If you have this much time to dedicate to something so petty life must be pretty good :D

17. catking

catking Banned

I say we all move on to something else ;) Some people like photos and some don't. We all have opinions. It's Team OGF'S job to make sure all are heard ;) CATKING

18. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i agree, after all i don't think zip was going intentionally out of his way to pick on anyone inperticular, its probably just some sort of misunderstanding

19. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

enough everyone, time to move on to better things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.