close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who is still tryin to fill a tag with their bow?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Bassy, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Bassy

Bassy Bass the other white meat

Just wondering how many late season bow hunters we have lurking the boards, I have a tag to fill my only problem is that its button bucks and small racked bucks offering me that shot. All Im asking for is a nice doe or a big ol buck to come in close LOL. Im gonna take out the smoke pole but I wont fill my tag with it unless its a wall hanger....after that the does dont stand a chance. I HOPE

2. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

My son and I are in the same boat as you. We have seen tons of does and small to moderate bucks but all the nice animals seem to travel our property only at night and inclimate weather. We only have 20 acres, 16 ac woods, and we are surrounded by several hundred acres of harvested beans and corn and large stands of hardwoods. All of their feed and occasional cover is "out there". They do hit our property hard though when it snows. They also pass thru at night, we spot several nice animals of the back deck each night.... WE NEED SNOW. Does not look like we will see any for a while. I bet we will still set out there anyway. Good luck and enjoy.

3. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I am in the same boat as you guys. However, I am looking for my first deer ever. It's fun just being out there....it'll be even more fun when I bring home that first deer!! :!

4. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Yep, I'll be out there tomorrow. Because of limited time, I've only been out a handful of times and I've seen 3 deer all season. Right now, I'm taking anything that gives me a shot. I'm off until next wendsday and after that who knows what kind of time I'll get to be in the woods.

5. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Bulldawg

I know the feeling guys . I am still trying to fill a tag myself. I have been out somewhere like 50 times this year. I found a couple of really nice deer that I have been going after since mid October. I have passed up lots of deer this year. I am getting to the point where I would like to harvest anything with my bow right now. But I am going to stay patient and hope for the best. I absolutely love late season bow hunting. I see alot more deer and enjoy late season more, due to larger concentrations of deer around food sources. If I cant find either one of the bucks by season end I will start looking for their sheds and start all over with scouting for next year. Happy hunting and good luck to all for the rest of the season.

Bulldawg

6. For the first time in a long time, I am tagged out for the season. Now it is the long waiting game until next fall. Good luck you guys! I hope some big one's wonder past you in the next couple of days.

7. Heading out this morn' hoping to make some smoke...and fill my empty freezeer and tag. Been bow hunting all year, just picked up a side lock ML and hoping my luck changes. using a x bow the remainder of the season,

Hungry in Hilliard

8. I'm in the same boat - but I've passed on quite a few does. I had 10 under my stand on the 15th.......and let them go. I'm looking for another buck for the wall......so I don't get disappointed if I don't actually fill my tag. there's been many a year where I don't fill a tag.