Who Is Sick Of It

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bowhunter9017, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. who is sick of misfit always closing ur threads like mine on the meaning of the confederate flag there was nothing wrong with it

2. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

Misfit is a great guy. Just about all of the mods, including Misfit, have closed a thread of mine at one time or another. I never take it personal and always, later, seem to see the rational in their decision.

3. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

If he's always closing your threads then maybe you should take a step back and look at it from other peoples point of view. I've had over 1000 post and I cant think of any of mine being pulled of the top of my head. Keep in mind this is a family oriented site. Also keep in mind that moderators may agree with you but may have to pull it off due to others.

I've fished with Misfit for years and he's a great guy. I seriously doubt he's just randomly pulling your threads.

Oh and maybe you may not have a problem with the confederate flag but there are a lot of people that do. That can be a very touchy thing even if it's not meant to be. Just a thought

4. i know im not like realy mad about it i just wanted to see if i had the wrong meaning about it and to see what other people though about it it is only on there for 10 day i didnt see anything wrong with it

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

bowhunter 9017,

I am somewhat amazed by the attitude displayed by a very select minority when a moderator closes a thread.

Your thread, that thread, has no value on this site what so ever and could be considered in by many to be in poor taste.

Misfit is in a position to enforce the rules of OGF, not create them. He is following the rules and guidelines that has been established for OGF. Misfit does an excellent job of maintaining order on OGF.

OGF is not a free society where you have a right to post what ever you want. If is a privately owned fishing website with rules. Rules that you agreed to follow when you became a member.

We welcome your participation in fishing related topics on this fishing website.

I would also offer that if you have an issue that you are welcome to contact me, or any other owner, with your concerns. That would be much more appropriate than this thread.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Kim

6. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

goto collage, learn to program, start your own website, post anything you want. When using other peoples stuff play by there rules.

7. On the plus side, I have always found misfit to be a fair & square sort of fellow. However, he does exhibit elitist tendencies when it comes to hoover reservoir and home cooking. :p

8. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Misfit is a wild man in the kitchen! :D

Pecan Pie! OMG!

9. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

If it is just fishing topics then why have this section?

General Discussions
    All non-fishing related discussions are here

10. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

meh, I've had my run ins with the one like Misfit, but he is just trying to make the site run smooth so everyone can sharing fishing knowledge and experience.

11. How could anyone possibly think that was an okay topic. :rolleyes:

12. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

yea, while this is the forum for off topic discussion, I think that topic was trolling - just trying to stir up some trouble.

13. yes but see there was nothing wrong with it it is just a freaking flag the people take wrong and they have the wrong meaning and that is y i was getting the poll to see what other people think it was there was nothing wrong with it there was no racist comments made about it it was just a stupid poll on what u thought the meaning was for it and what u thought about it i posted in the lounge just like every other off topic threads so y is this one diffrent i could have posted it in the hunting section market place or the fishing forums but no i went to lounge like everybody els and this is what i get that is just messed up it was only a 10 day poll to that is what i dont get i am just saying it is messed up and I WANT TO SEE THE RULES I BROKE WITH IT if i offended anybody by it i am sorry u guys can go to www.rebelstore.com and cast a poll vote on the subject

14. what is the shortes topic that ever was posted? that is pobably sappose to be posted elswhere but i dont care yeah thats right, that is how i roll. Peace everyone =)

15. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Punctuation is good.

In addition, a forum like 'rebelstore.com' does sound like a more fitting audience for a thread of that nature. Personally, I agree, it's only a flag. However, its unfortunate association with the KKK has caused it to become taboo. Would you consider questioning the meaning of the Nazi flag? It's a turkish good luck sign. However, its association with the Nazi party has led it to take on a new, implied meaning that supercedes its old meaning, much as the confederate flag has for most people.

And I bet that's why your thread is gone.

16. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Tick,tick, tick....you and your poll GONE>....

17. clayton i agree with u on the natzi flag i hate how people put those 2 together 2 i studied the history on these 2 flags and i found out that it was the turkish flag and that made me mad the some people use them for the wrong reason and now everybody thinks that they r both racist and horible flage they need to do some research on them before they judge and what i dont under stand if it was racist y would they put it on the dukes of hazard right on top of the general lee thanks for understanding clayton

18. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I'll say this...most of the time, I don't always agree with Misfits ways, my biggest gripe is the classifieds, the 3 bump rule is stupid, and its not always enforced depending on who's doing the posting, some people got pull around here, others don't. Thats just my personal oppinion though. Other than that, the moderation around here isn't too bad. The reble flag thread would lead to nothing good, and I think it was shut down accordingly.:)

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

since you still haven't gotten the message,this thread also closed.and hopefully it's the end of the discussion,so now that you've managed to get two threads closed today,it wouldn't be wise to go for three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.