Who Inspires You?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crittergitter, Jun 4, 2008.

1. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Al Lindner certainly teaches us to fish.

Kevin VanDam certainly competes at a high level.

I guess Larry Dahlberg has traveled the world over catching gigantic fish.

They all pale in comparison to the guy in this video clip in regard to being inspirational. I'm not sure if this has been posted previously, but I can't recall seeing it. Enjoy!

CG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I would have to say Mike Reeves aka FishingRedhawk!:) :)

3. Clay Dyer has no "enemies" , always rootn' for him!

I bet he even always knows his boat number and what time to check-in ;)

nip

4. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

Bill Hicks
    Barry Lynn
    Albert Hoffman
    Les Stroud

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

That's a great video, thanks for sharing, but I'm going to start the countdown:

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i've probably never mentioned this in the past,but please don't use this opportunity as an invitation to make your political statements.:rolleyes:

ps.............not yet,bryan and tom,LOL.

8. seethe303

also (and NONE of these are political, nor were my previous inspirations, just so ya know):

Kurt Godel
    M.C. Escher
    Johans Sebastian Bach

and as a meta-inspiration to me in reference to these three: Douglas Hofstadter

9. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Oh you meant fishing tournament guys...

None of them really. They just fish.
    And I didn't mean it as a political statement. I really did look up to him at one point.

10. I'm lost on this one :confused:

Aint that utube link about a GUY WITH NO ARMS AND LEGS fishin' a professional series and driving around the country on a gruling schedule...tying his knots with his mouth...casting all day...WITH NO ARMS AND LEGS...but yet...

he always smiles and is confident!%

Why a countdown to close the thread???

Clay Dyer rocks...thanks for the link! It has sincerely motivated me to take advantage of my legs and arms and fish Erie until I drop tomorrow!!!

nip

11. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Nip, you are correct. This is a fishing site. I discovered that link on another site and thought I would share it. That young man is amazing. The pure courage and determination he shows is very inspiring whether you fish competively or not. I don't know what the other stuff is about. Maybe they feared politics would get dragged into this thread????? I'm not sure why, this is a thread about a fisherman that inspired me. If he doesnt inspire others, well then I guess that's their perogative.

CG

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

and their fears were not unfounded,as evidenced by the deleted replies;)

as for clay dyer,he should be an inspiration to anyone,fisherman or not.amazing guy he is.i've seen articles on him for quite awhile.a year or two ago i think it was hank parker who had him fishing with him on his show also.

13. seethe303

another inspiration: Robert Anton Wilson

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

seethe,the thread was not almost closed:confused:
    i really hate hijacking threads(as is happening now),but they do not get closed based on individual posts(political or not).they get closed when they serve no constructive/productive purpose and/or are degraded by being turned into arguments,attacks or other tos violations.

15. Misfit also inspires me! :) Keep up the good work to keep OGF flowing!

I didn't see some of the deleted material previously...I get it now.

My arms caught 60 yesterday, my legs are tired...I thought about Clay this morning when I woke up at 3:30am with a sunburn and decided not to fish the ladue event...imagine...

nip

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Man, I can hardly tie my knots w/ two hand and ten fingers what this guy does is amazaing.

I'd love to see him make the cut one day. :)