close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whittier St tonite

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FINMAN, Jul 2, 2004.

1. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

I'm taking my nephew downtown tonite. We'll get there early and fish for awhile until the fireworks. Then we'll catfish until all the crazies leave the ramps. I spoke to a sargeant at CPD/water yesterday. He suggested getting there early, as CPD will be on site doing safety inspections before they let any boats on the river, there. They will only allow as many boats to launch at Whittier St. as they have room for the trailers in the parking lot, and that isn't many. For any OGFers with smaller boats interested in an adventure in idiotland, you can get off I-71 at Greenlawn, Go east to Front St Go north to Whittier Go west on Whittier and turn south into park.

-Dave

2. Good Luck with the crazies!!!watch yur back and yur boat!one of my friends from whitehall had his truck window busted for just a ballcap!!just stealin' to steal!

3. what about the confluence ramp? do they allow boats on that pool for fireworks? I've always wondered about the river down there and bass fishing while the fireworks go.

4. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

In fact we tried there first, at about 5 pm, but the CPD would not allow us to launch from a trailer there, only kayaks/canoes. However, there were 1 or 2 trailers in the parking lot who had launched before CPD arrived. They said it would be too dangerous. SO we went to Whittier St., and still had time to launch, but the parking lot there was almost full by then. The fireworks were spectacular on the water, and the adventure with my nephew was worth the hassles. I'd guess all in all about 30 boats, and just as many k/c's.

-Dave