close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White's Mill

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by angler47, Aug 15, 2007.

1. I was working down in Athens today and was able to hit white's mill for the first time in about a year. I couldn't believe the amount of trash that has been left behind by fishermen. Its a pretty sad sight. Anyway, the fishing was pretty slow. I tried all the usual baits I use there (small cranks, grubs, spinners) and some soft plastics with no luck. My friend finally caught a largemouth on a yum dinger. We saw plenty of fish (including what I think were gars) but just couldn't get anything to bite. Anybody have any advice? I was wondering if the low water level effects fishing that much. I am hoping to try again tomorrow afternoon.

2. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

Here is some advice , Dont fish there. Its been dead for a while ,Go on down stream or up Stream with some cover . Thats where weve been catching all our Smallies at.Go up St. Rt. 682 between The Plains and Chauncey And park and Fish upstream

3. Thanks for the advice. I didn't make it down to Athens today after all, so I will try that tomorrow. Can you bank fish there or do I need to wade it?

4. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

There is some spots that you'll be able to walk the bank but for most part you'll probably have to wade .