close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whites Mill

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RiverWader, Jul 29, 2007.

1. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

Wrnt down to the Mill this mornin to try my luck , Well it wasnt very good.
    First cast and I caught a dink Spot about 9-10 inches long , After that I had 3 more strikes and 2 of those were me striking my shins off of a fallen tree under water, The other I lost a ecent Eye prolly went maybe 16 inches .
    There was alot of activity this morning with fish hittin the top of the water before the sun came up .Going to try up into Nelsonville tonite.

2. Hey Riverwader, been wondering how the Hocking doing since I moved out of Athens last summer. It is definately a great smallie stream. I don't know if this will help there or not, but I was out yesterday and caught the vast majority of my smallies near directly in or immediately adjacent to shallow riffle areas with faster water. The areas immediatly adjacent to the faster water had to have shade covering the little pool. THe two biggest fish came from these areas, with the biggest coming at the head of a hole immediately below a shallow riffle.
    Best of luck to you on the Hocking. Enjoy the smaller crowds now before school starts back up and everyone is hitting the popular holes!