Whitebass are everywhere!

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, May 17, 2008.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

They're even biting at my secret stream :)
    [​IMG]

2. Maybe you should post this in the Steelhead forum?

I know you mean well, but your tone has a "thumbing the nose" aura about it...

3. Is that necessary? Once again someone has simply posted that he has caught some fish. If he doesn't want to disclose the location that is entirely up to him.

4. Maybe a bit harsh, but in his post in the other thread, he said..."we killed them this weekend..."

Ok...that thread is about the Sandusky at Fremont. I was there..and nobody was "killing" them...but here to find out he was fishing a top secret trib...

So the point being, he gave the impression that the fish were on fire in the Sandusky, whereas they were not (at least not that I witnessed).

Sorry for the harsh post.

5. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

O.K. so which is it ?:confused: Please elaborate on "getting them good" vs. nobody was "killing them". :D :rolleyes:

6. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

I fished more than one river over the weekend
    this was from a local stream that not many people fish and its alot of fun
    I will soon post the pics of the ones we KILLED at fremont!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. That equates to "one fish every 8-10 minutes or so.."

That equates to "getting one every 1-2 casts..."

Almost went down there yesterday afternoon with Hunter. Looks like we should have done so.

8. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Thanks for the clarification....;) Won't be long and they will be pestering us out in the open lake ! :)

9. Went through 107 releases on 5/10/08 up in Brest Bay. 14 walleyes, 1 sheephead, 1 white perch, the rest, white bass.

Yeah..they pestered us in a big way...females fat and full of eggs.

10. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

If you could keep em' in the WB for a couple more months !:p

11. JDBFISHIN

JDBFISHIN Back in the game

I was there Sunday from 12:30 to 4:15 and took home 38 fish, none smaller than ten inches had five over 16 inches. My first time there and I thought that was "KILLING THEM" am I wrong. First hour I spent switching back and forth until every other cast I was getting a hit, Blue Fox 1/8 oz. spinner ultra light tackle 4lb test.

12. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

I never knew there was such advanced "teminology" for how you are getting whitebass :confused:

IMO "gettin them good" a fish every 8-10 min is pretty darn bad lol

If you think youre killing them then you are because it only your opinion that matters :)

13. Looks like the Portage River to me

14. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

Nope i would tell if it was there...

15. Keep the posts coming, don't let bfg bother you at all. I am sure he catches fish and doesn't tell also, who cares? Keep up the good fishing and stay outdoors.

16. fowltalk

fowltalk Banned

huron river.....

17. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

Nope :) lol
    I wanna try the huron though ;)

18. The One

The One Ret. 1SG U.S. Army

I can't see the pictures because Photobucket is banned from work. I'll guess the Poratge just below the 590 bridge about 1 mile.

19. They are nice pics of himself and fish..with the background "whited" out to keep guys from figuring out where he is fishing.

I try to help whenever I can. This would explain my tone. However, if he's pullin' 'em out of some little creek, I guess I don't blame him for doing so.

White bass are basically an "introductory" type of fish...great to get kids started, not finicky for the most part (under the right conditions), and fun on light tackle. Hopefully I can get my kids on 'em again soon.