close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

white-star

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BassMaster09, Mar 31, 2008.

1. has anyone tried white-star for those trout they put in there?

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

They didn't put them in yet, moved to April 11, 2008, due to ice cover.

3. wondering if anyone tried white star today? I think today was when they were stocking the trout.

4. CoolWater

Yea I was there briefly, early on after they put them in everyone reported they were cake to catch. Then the winds picked up (at which point I arrived) and made the fishing a bit tougher. I decided not to stick around due to the wind and the fact that it was a complete zoo. Was surprised how many folks took the day off.

I was in contact with NSOF off of here and he went out in a boat this evening - 2 of them fishing and they got 5 total fish.

I'm sure the trout will fish fine for a week or so... I just don't fancy the crowds nor gail force winds. I might head back this weekend but will definately take the jon boat.

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

IDK how much longer you'll be able to get them... We trolled around in 1 footers lol with electric and it was hetic :) Still never picked up any with that.... Those five were as soon as we anchored up with 3 anchors :) 1 powerbait... Not very big either-saw one golden...

6. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Hit them up in lima friday (schoonover park) limited out in 1 hr.

Rainbows taste good!!

7. 3 neighbors got there limits ,,in less than 1 hour they said you could have netted them after they were released ,,they acted like they were lost ,,some sport

8. Pard went and said it was a joke, fish after fish called me and i went for eyes instead, dinky trout cast after cast is not my bag.

9. I attended my first trout release
    here and it left me totally po'd.
    These people consider themselves anglers, I think not.
    One group of four men bragged
    about there limits in 30 min. and
    then proceded to use the parks
    picnic tables to clean thier catch.
    I was comfortable at my spot until
    a small boat appeared over the hole I had targeted for the morning. I could have casted over the boat from shore. They were luckey enough to boat 5 or 6
    and they left. My next encounter
    left me even more infuriated, although I may have done something wrong in the eyes of those who passed by me. I placed
    my rod on the ground to retrieve
    my tackle bag about 10 ft away and to turn around and see a 12 y/o standing on my rod and reel
    and then watch his father step in the same place and walk thru, WOW what nerve. My last incident was when a gent cast
    across my line waited a few min. and did a slow retrieve only to drag mine in also and this happend the second time and then he proceded to ask me what the hell am I doing to him. I packed it in and my thoughts of
    a broiled or grilled trout with it
    went also. I'm just VENTING I guess and maybe the Maumee
    was looking better at the tme.
    I don't think so either.

Gene

10. I think you need to take these things for what they are; a kids playpark. Anyone can catch the trout on release day and get their limit under an hour. Its a great way to get the kids hooked on fishing.

11. Holland, I think after the way the adults acted there I would rather take a child fishing any day.

12. CoolWater

I just want a stupid Golden for my life list... don't know where else I could target them other then the stockings. I would certainly agree fishing them right as they come out the tube is less then sporting.

I don't want to make any generalist comments about the type of people that the stockings bring out (heck, I'm one of them), but what Gene described is rather typical of what I have experienced too. Everything from overbagging to just downright rude... it's all there.

13. Thanks CW for the response I was beginning to think I was just being
    abit overboard on my response. I am
    glad you have a target for a golden and had some merit to atleast avoid
    the melee there.
    Holland just as a side note since I was unable to savor my first trout
    I ordered take out chinese for dinner.

14. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

I like the way the DNR has scheduled trout stockings here in Fostoria the past couple years. It's been late October, usually crappy out and nobody goes.

15. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

That suxs I would have punched that kid lol :)