Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys noticed all the white foam on the western side of the lake. It's looks like some one dumped a giant box of Tide in the water. Every area from little cedar point, Mcdonalds, north of the intake, & towards metzgers was loaded with all the whites & sheephead. Very few nice yellow perch in all those areas. We were saying that we never seen that much white foam on the lake. This might be some sort of chemical reaction from the green algae. Anyway, the fishing for yellow perch has been terrible this fall.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Have you noticed streaks of white foam on the water all year (and the last few)?

Phosphate foam, also the main part of the bloom problem. What you are seeing is a pooling of that foam on the west end of the lake.

Disgusting.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The foam is from the breakdown of the algae's cellular walls. If you get the Ohio Outdoor News, there should be an article that I wrote about it in the next issue.......John Hageman

·
Registered
391 Posts
It reminds me of the pollution of the '60s. It is sad that we are once again losing our lake. I am afraid you folks in the central and eatern basins are being deluded that the lake is in great shape. Sure, Conneaut and Ashtabula fishing has been great this year, but the western basin is a tragedy. The water around the islands is pea soup. The lake is again dying.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It reminds me of the pollution of the '60s. It is sad that we are once again losing our lake. I am afraid you folks in the central and eatern basins are being deluded that the lake is in great shape. Sure, Conneaut and Ashtabula fishing has been great this year, but the western basin is a tragedy. The water around the islands is pea soup. The lake is again dying.
Last year, it was doomsday "the lake is drying up". Now it's headed for a fate of death. We've been catching fish right along all summer in the west end. Sometimes new tactics and new areas need to be tried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts