White Bass

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tieoneon, Apr 29, 2008.

1. tieoneon

tieoneon Anything On a Fly

Has anyone heard if the white bass have started to run up big walnut? Did we get enough rain to pull them out of the lake?

2. starcraft

starcraft Sponser MHS

Yeah saw a few guys gettin them under the bridge might put the waders on and give it a try next week.;)

3. i just might go there after turkey hunting tomorrow. if i go i'll let you all know.

4. HCF

HCF

I was lucky an got a bird last friday, going to try an hit it up this week also before work and the free fishing weekend.

5. Not sure about the Big Walnut but the Wetstone was HOT this evening..... I caught about 40ish. Most of them were small but the 10 keepers were all over 13"

Attached Files:

• FISH.jpg
      FISH.jpg
      File size:
      46.6 KB
      Views:
  6. well not b-day bird..but i did get 6 whitebass in galena. all males. its a start!

7. Waded up the mouth of the Big Walnut throwin' my chart rr, not really sure what I was looking for. Caught half dozen white bass. All small jacks. May go up into Galena today if the weather holds and throw my swim bait.

8. 8 up fisherman,
    not familiar with the Wetstone. Where is it?

Got it. Thanks. Never fished Delaware. Would have to drive past Hoover and Alum to get there.

9. It's been many, many years since I've caught as many small Whitebass as I've caught this spring and last fall in and below Delaware and I'm not even targeting them. Problem is the biggest ones are only about 9". Next years run should be phenomenol there, though it doesn't sound too bad now.

10. Is Wetstone the park on the Tangy?

11. NCL, the wetstone is a tributary to Delawere Resovior...The Very north end of the lake, near Norton SR 229 crosses it.

8_UP

12. appreciate it!