Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone eat Whities? If so how good are they? Are they hard to clean, lots of bones?? And what fish do they taste like????

·
Registered
694 Posts
There was a white bass thread on here a week ago...I forgot where it was but there was alot of discussion on cooking them and such. They are easy to clean and taste good just make sure you get them on ice asap. I like to save them all up and have a couple big fish fries around football season..taste good!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have eaten lots of them, and consider them fine eating. I used to clean and scale, not fillet. Kids always complained about the bones but that was their only complaint.

But, you must eat them as soon as possible after catching or they turn "fishy" tasting real quick.

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies Guys . So I should get them on Ice pretty Quick then .

·
Registered
321 Posts
RiverWader The best way is out of the water and on ice,they are a high fat content fish so they need to be kept cold.Also fillet them get the skin off that is whear the fish taste is.You will think you are eating two different kinds of fish one with the skin and one without good eather way but better without the skin. Tight lines & Good Fishin Fishguy

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
WB is a very good fish if it is fixed right...you can either scale them and pan fry or fillet and peel out of the skin and fry up...as some already said the skin does hold alot of the fish taste in the fish, but the red/dark meat is where most of the oily fishy taste is held, we always soak the fish in salt water over night, and then soak them in vinegar water about an hour before frying to fully remove any oil tastes but we roll the fish fillets/nuggets in flour and meal and then salt and pepper when frying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts