Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went this AM for about 4 hrs. Caught about 60 wipers & Whites. Quite a few more whites than we've been getting lately. They were in the calmer water and the hybrids were in the faster water. Shiners did the trick because they were just so thick you couldn't miss if you used them. Oh,Greenup Dam.. Also had some fun with some skipjacks. Good luck

·
Registered
566 Posts
I didn't go today and all day I had the feeling they were biting like crazy! Did you use any artificial bait? If so, have any luck? Where do you get the shiners (with a throw net?) What type of hook do you use? When fishing w/ shiners, do you retrieve and jig up and down, or just let the bait drift about?
A few days ago I noticed a couple guys fishing the point from a bass boat. They fished from the point to about midway between the point and the I-beam. I couldn't tell if they were catching anymore from the boat than the folks on the bank. I'd like to fish that area from a boat, I'm just not sure how safe it is. A guy from work told me that he loaded his boat in at the boat ramp in Wheelersburg, and headed up river about 300 yds., and slayed the white bass on minnows.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You were in shiner heaven at the Beam. Use them how you like, but if theres room I use a 1/32 oz chartruese crappie jig and a split shot a foot above it and drop it over the edge and let it drift till it starts to rise back up and then just swing it back and do it over again. Minnows in the boat are great too,but a silver spoon works great also. Just burn it thru them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.