Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question I would love to fish a river in NE Ohio for White Bass. I know they are heavy now in the Sandusky and Maumee Rivers but That's a long drive for me, even though I had one of my best fishing day's last year on the Sandusky river. Do they move up any rivers in the NE area?

·
KrappieKat
35 Posts
Try the Little Mahoning (south end of Berlin) in Alliance as well as the Berlin spillway and also at the Deer Creek spillway where it spills into Berlin/Little Mahoning. The Milton spillway also has a run of white bass.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If were not out on the big pond... we usually catch a boat load of them at the mouth of the huron river. Of course though thats still a long drive for ya.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try miller park on the peir. I have always done real well there both in size and numbers! You just have to get at them soon cuz the jet ski population is also high and they really dont like sinkers and aggitators flying at them.and i find that they start biting there about the same time they head up the rivers because of CEI and the warm water discharge. good luck

doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts