Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sponser MHS
696 Posts
Not good, conditions are high fast and muddy this is from a local i know. Forcast shows rain most of next week. Looks like it could be awhile before the river is in good shape to catch high numbers. If the water drops and clears up a little it will be on.;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
just got of work and seen some folks takin pic beside krogers with a stringer full of white bass, seen the car parked there this morning when i went so im thinkin they were there all day, river is still muddy, very muddy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
heading up sat, heard the golf course is a good spot, allways fished at the bridge before, wanting to know if anybody can give me directions to golf course from bridge, hopr the water clears up some before sat, its a good drive for me and prob the only day i will get to go, thanks for any info

·
Banned
544 Posts
heading up sat, heard the golf course is a good spot, allways fished at the bridge before, wanting to know if anybody can give me directions to golf course from bridge, hopr the water clears up some before sat, its a good drive for me and prob the only day i will get to go, thanks for any info
you'll get them anywhere when they're thick like i'm sure they are right now.
to get to the golf course....or Roger Young park, will put u there too. go over the state st bridge (rt20), first road on your left (if coming from the east), follow it down until it dead ends into Roger Young Park....that'll work.
another good stretch is just North of the State st bridge, slower water and deeper....either side has access, moreso on the west side.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Make your cast and just hold your rod, don't reel in your line.
Let the fast moving water add the action to your lure.
Sometimes the White Bass won't chase a bait
Play the water column with the length of line out.

A 1/4 once jig with a twister tail would be a good start, but I have seen a 1/4 ounce 2 1/2 inch Rat-L-Trap out catch a jig/tail 3 to 1 in muddy water. A Blue Fox or Mepps spinner in size 1 or 2 work well also, you my need a small split shot or two on the size 1 and 2 spinners.

Hey, Good Luck and have a fun weekend.

·
Registered
51 Posts
:confused: Hey NorthSouth,
What size rooster tail and what color? Also do you fish the jigs with a float so that it doesn't hang up on the bottom?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks, I'm coming up this weekend, can't wait. I'm coming up Friday and staying until Tuesday. I'm going to be staying in Maumee, however, I am coming to Fremont. Only thing is, I can't stand climbing down those rocks. Now at that Roger Young Park, do you have to climb down a 1/4 mile worth of rocks?

·
Keep ya line tight!
68 Posts
Regmiller my uncle and brother caught there fair share in Maumee they didn't do so well at Fremont, but who knows things might be different when you go up. They were catch'n off of rooster tails, twisters and minnows. Sounds like the run is on at Maumee!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wanted to go to fremont i'm just 2 hrs away,but seems like the place is maumee.what's weather look like for sat/sun in maumee area

1 - 16 of 16 Posts