close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White Bass?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mbelperio, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Anybody catching any white bass out there? I know the key water temperature is 60 for them. It's snowing outside now. Fricking really! Any info would be helpful.

2. Saturday 4/14, I went to deer creek hoping the water had cleared some in the lake, was going after crappie. No chance it still looked like chocolate milk. I then proceeded to the creek and it was down and clear. Caught maybe a dozen white bass , all small males except for a couple that would be eaters. That was right before the rain started
    took the wife for our sunday ride after church and the creek in same area now had risen quite a bit and also looked like chocolate milk.

3. Second hand info-- but a friend of mine said he was starting to catch some in C.C headwaters --didn't say how big .
    Good luck and Good fishing

tedtami, crappiedude and 9Left like this.
  4. I caught a few Friday in an OR tributary. Not as many as I thought I would after catching one on the 2nd cast, but I don't think it will be long. I hope the high water this spring does not keep me from missing the run (again).

tedtami and crappiedude like this.
  5. Caught a few at Rocky Fork, Wed.

IMG_20180411_160842.jpg IMG_20180411_130856.jpg [/ATTACH] IMG_20180411_160842.jpg

6. nice looking whitey

tedtami likes this.
  7. Thanks caught a few ,two this size let them all go like always.

Salmonid likes this.