Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to headlands breakwall on Monday before the lake started rollin to do some bass fishing and I decided to bring my 4wt along to see if I could get any crappies or rock bass from the rocks (no luck there). They are dredging the channel so it was a pretty slow night just a couple bass so I decided head in.

It was around 8:30 getting dusk and I noticed fish boiling the surface along the beach. I put my spinning gear down and waded out up to my waist and started casting a white clouser. OMG what a blast!!! For the next 45 minutes I landed white bass after white bass every cast! At times the water was boiling all around me. Had a couple up in the 11"-12" range that really put a bow in my 4wt and right around 9:15 they just shut off like a switch.

Sorry no pics my phone was in my bag on shore.

·
Registered
530 Posts
That sounds awesome. I love that they were close to shore. I just went back to NE OH to visit my friend who has a skiff on an inland lake, and we got into the whites a few days in a row. It was great. Sometimes, when they weren't on the surface, they were ambushing shad tight to cover, and fly casting to them was a little trickier. Anyway, here's to white bass OTF! Nice job.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice video and a decent size white bass!

The lake is supposed to be flat this evening so I'll see if i can get out and catch a few and get some video of them boiling up the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts