close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White Bass Disgust...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TIGHTLINER, Sep 21, 2004.

1. With all of the high water last week, and the onset of the fall weather patterns, I was able to fish the White Bass run on the Mahoning River. From the beginning of the week I noticed large stringers of big white bass coming in, and as the week went on the stringers became smaller and the fish on them were incredibly small. Now from time to time in the past I have been known to keep a few stringers of white bass, but this season I gained a new found respect for catch and release and I released all of the white bass that I caught which made be feel good, especially after I saw all of these other anglers pillaging the resource. I don’t know what came over me or how I came to the realization that I like catching the white bass two at a time a whole lot more than I do eating them, and that is something that I would like to do for years to come, so there you have it…….TightLines!

2. WTG... I too like C&R but will keep enough now and then to feed me and few friends... Don;t be affraid to keep some once in awhile ;)
    I like your profile signature too "Kerry" is good to go in 04... :D :cool: