close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White Bass / Crappie Run at Deer Creek

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by PoleSnatcher, Apr 5, 2004.

1. whenever anyone heres of the run begining let me know please

thanks

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sure, will probably should start in a couple weeks.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Thats what I was thinking too, about third week in April right?

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

But down here it's usually a week or two after Easter. Actually when the water hits 55° :D

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

If things dont improve the water wont hit 55 till june :mad:

6. catking

catking Banned

Might be alittle late this year with the cold temps and all. Last year was a bust if you all remember. Hopefully the temps will start going up. But from what I've seen in the forecast, it's still going to be chilly. THE CATKING !!! :)

7. Went by toonight after work lake is filling up maybe 5'-6' low
    seen a couple of guys wading ( over their waist) up where the old bridge was they were throwing white spinners they both had stringers tied on so they may had some white bass the lake was stained but the creek up at sterling was clear
    geowol

8. I know that O'Shay last week was 52 degrees in Twin Lakes. Still no fish though.

9. Jeewizz

Jeewizz lost at Sea

I Was at Deer Creek this afternoon and managed to hook four in about 3 hours one was about 13" the rest were on the small side about 7 or 8", but it looks like it could turn on soon. I was at the upper end of the lake close to the old Bridge area. I hope this is a good sign that the rest of those fishies will be along soon. I would like it if everybody would keep me informed of the action down there, Thanks Jeewizz

10. Where is "the old bridge area"

I'm a youngin..lol

11. Caught one small white bass on a minnow. Saw about 10 other anglers and no one was catching. The water is still cold but if the forecast holds up, it should be good by next week-end.

12. Fished Delaware Lake on the north end yeaterday from about 4 to 9 pm. I got nothing. The water was showing on the Lorance GPS at 57 in the coves. Ridiculous. Where are the fish? This time last year with all the bad weather and all I was slamming them. Saugeyes, Crappie, Bass. What the heck is going on? I think there are more Gillnets up than the ODNR know about. I really don't think that those boys had only one net up in one area. I think that the law enforcement people should look at the other areas too.

13. I might try Deer Creek tomorrow but I'm sure this rain has everything messed up. Might be ok by the weekend but that place will be like the Maumee on Saturday!

14. Can anyone tell me what they are catching whites and crappie on at deer creek. I bought a new boat first time out sure would like to make it a good one.

Thanks moose

15. White twitertails or roostertails or small crankbaits, usually anthing white is good. Dont know about fishing from a boat I always fish the creek. The w/b and crappie will run up the creek when they spawn in the spring, I'm sure there are some w/b that spawn in that lake and if you could find them they should hit just about any small bait. I think there are more crappie that spawn in the lake than w/b so if you are fishing the lake i would concentrate on the coves and look for brush piles for crappie.