close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White Bass CJR???

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cajun willie, Jun 14, 2007.

1. cajun willie

cajun willie 95 cajun 160/w 115 rude

Anyone catching white bass??? Just started fishing CJ, and herd it was full of them. Gonna try to take the kid Fri. evening. Any "where at" or "what with" advise would be great. Down south i've always caught them with road runners and small rattletraps.

2. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

It has been a few years since I targeted White bass there at CJ,but When I was there a bout three years ago me and my stepdad caught almost 100 of them on minnows straight out from the docks by the third bouye. We were catching them so fast that we could only use on pole a piece. Hope that helps and good luck.

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

ive always seen ppl catch WB on the rocks of the dam or rite at the launch ramp ppl catch em' there 2 on spinners, cranks, or minnows. good luck

4. cajun willie

cajun willie 95 cajun 160/w 115 rude

Thanks for the info...."Fish On"

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

hey go try it give us an update when ur done...

6. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

The WB in CJ Brown are every where in that reservoir...the best places to hit them this time of year are around the marina, and around the rocks between the boat ramps and the beach...you can also pick them up in the mouth of "snoopy" and the look-out point but these two places are better earlier in the year around the spawn...try small cranks, spinners, and jigs but right now minnows under a slip bobber about 6'-10' are the best baits....when the spawn is on though, buck creek (north end of the reservoir) is the place to be...easily catch 100-200 per person on a "good day" when they are "running" try looking at old thread topics under the southwest forum entitled "fishing quality of buck creek"... the pic explains everything