close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White bass chances tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by creekwalker, Mar 20, 2008.

1. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I'm going to try to get out somewhere tomorrow for some white bass. I'm thinking somewhere up a trib where the water is clearing. Normally they'd be staging at creek mouths around now, but with the river blown out right now, do you think they might move up into the trib a mile or two to catch some slower, clearer water 'til the river settles down a little?

Anyplace else I should try? I'm off tomorrow and it's going to be 60 degrees, so I gotta get out somewhere. Anyone else going out tomorrow after hybrids, white bass, or sauger?

CW

2. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Well, they weren't up in the trib I tried. I was about 2 miles up where the high water met the creek. Water was a bit murky, visibility to about 18 inches or so. I tried in the current and out of the current, but not even a nibble. Maybe the water is still too cold, but at 49 in places further up the creek, I thought they could be there. Maybe they're still holding just inside the mouth? Anybody else have any luck this weekend?

Report:

Date: 3/21/2008
    Time: Evening
    Surface Temp: 47 (was 43 4 days ago)
    Water Clarity: Stained
    Weather: Sunny
    Target: White Bass
    Baits: 3" Shad, 1/8 oz pink jig & chartreuse grub, 1/6 oz white rooster tail
    Depth: 2-8'
    Fish Count: 0
    Species Caught: Nada
    Notes: See above.

CW

3. caught one eye about a half mile of the main river. yellow/green jig head, two tone grub. tippted off with a minnow.