Whit

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by whit, Jan 25, 2009.

1. whit

whit

Does anybody ice fish Ladue? I've done well on Spring Walleyes there, but can't find out if the North end of the Lake is open or restricted to Ice fishing. I e-mailed ODNR, the reponse was to call district 3 offices- but I never get through. Interested in taking my son and daughters out, I haven't been on the ice since I was young -Ice Fishing the New York Finger Lakes with my Dad. I've spent hours reading the recent reports on this site ( mostly Mosquito Lake ) seems like everyone is having a ball. I may drive there today to walk it and check it out first- I have basic gear, warm clothes and no shanty- is Mosquito notoriously windy? I'd appreciate any info. anyone has-thanks.

2. swone

swone ol' pal Steve

Hey Whit: Welcome to OGF! I think you could probably find someone to take you out on Ladue or Mosquito on here. I am not going until next week, but you are welcome to go up to Lake Erie with me if you like. Send me a pm with your info and we can talk. I can usually only go during the week, but if this works for you I would love to show you my limited knowledge of this great sport.

Steve

3. whit,you can fish north end ladue i fish there last year,we cached only white bass

4. Where's the best place on Ladue to ice fish for walleye and are there perch in Ladue worth fishing for?

5. perch are very smol,i never seen cach waleye ice fishing ladue,you have beter luck at moskito

6. whit

whit

I understand that you fished there, but legally?

7. whit

whit

The Perch in Ladue are very scattered and small- it's not like some of the other resevoirs, really not worth chasing pech there. For some varied Panfish-maybe.

8. if it was not legally i will not go there