close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which printer to buy?

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Orlando, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I need opinions on a good printer to buy. I'm looking for a scanner . printer, copier combo. Which brand or model is a good one? I had a Epson 640 printer for 7 years and it never let me down, but I didn't know if the new ones are built as good? I am open to any brand . THANKS

2. I bought this model at Best Buy for under $200. It's probably cheaper now. It has performed up to speed since it came out of the box. I wish I had gone ahead and got the 4-in-1 model with the fax too.

Eric

3. I've got a Lexmark X5150. Nice machine, good price, excellent performance! Check out Best Buy!!!

4. I would stick with HP. I have worked on several different brands and HP seems to be most reliable and better quality of prints. Good luck

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I just got an HP 1350 that is a printer, copy machine and a scanner for under $150.00. Fast sharp printing both color and B/W. Also the cartidges are way cheaper than my other HP printers. Also has the multi photo card slots to down load and print your photos. This is my third HP and Never have I had a problem. Ink cartridges are easy to find almost anywhere.

6. TexasRigged

TexasRigged Lover of all things wet.

I've always had good luck with HP.

7. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Thanks for the replys, I'll look into the HP,s

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I have the epson stylus CX6400, scanner copier, printer card reader. I really like it and have had no problems and it will read any digital camera card out there and print the pics or send them to your computer. prints excelent pic's with the photo paper.

9. WHy switch to anything but what you already had an Epson?

10. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

That Epson was 7 years old. Alot can happen with quality in 7 years. Thats why I was asking peoples opinions on Todays models. Thanks

11. I was thinking more why not go with a newer Epson LOL
    I have several and they all work very well...

12. I've got an hp psc 2175 all in-one printer, scanner, copier and I'm really happy with it. I looked at reviews of all the printer/scanner/copiers out there when I bought this one and it looked like the best one for the money at the time. I don't remember the price but it wasn't too much (under $200 and probably cheaper now). It'll take about any form of media memory card you can think of too.

Steve

13. Canon gives you very good quality prints and it is about 5 times cheaper to run. On eBay you can buy aftermarket ink for Canon for about $2 per color, compare to $15-$25 for HP.
    Having HP you will be afraid to click the print button...

14. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

ok, i have to ask you HP owners AND running a software firewall.... does your HP software want to 'get out' to the internet when opening the printer software? (even on the install) mine does and its irritating :mad: and top that off with (only after you print) a running program that can be viewed in the ctrl-alt-del running apps window, that never goes away unless you kill it manually or reboot. honestly what can HP be wanting to know about ?.... could be update to printer drivers but i dunno, seems you can only make a printer do what it does, after that you'd have to tweak the machine itself to get better prints :rolleyes: i've never let it "phone home"........ maybe i'm way off here.... just seems weird

15. Ok,i See Where Printers Was On Here March,may 05...things Change Fast In The Printer Business..so Has Anyone Bought A Printer Lately?i Need Some Feedback On A Good Or Bad One...thanks////

16. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I ended up buying the Epson CX6600 copier, scanner, printer. It is a rather large unit but performs perfectly. I don't remeber exactly the cost but did get a $50.00 mail in rebate from Staples.

17. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

my hp black cartridge was $10.00 on ebay. but my hp is old too.#620. but still works good.