close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which place would you choose...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Man, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

to spend your vacation? Reel Lady and I want to take a week at the end of March - beginning of April to fish/vacation. On our list of possibilities are Dale Hollow, Lake Norman, Lake Murray, and Lake of the Ozarks. Let us know what you liked about each and what kind of fish you were fishing for. Thanks for all of your input.

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I haven't been to the others, but Dale Hollow sure does rock. I would take my wife there, in a heartbeat. Beautiful lake. Big fish. Nice drive too. I'd try Cedar Hill Resort.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'm 100% biased, and would vote Dale Hollow. Nice thing is, you can hit cumberland on the way back for stripers (you'll drive right past it!).

4. I'd go to New Orleans and fish the Venice area. You can fish all day, party all night......

5. New Orleans is an excellent idea! Great place to party and good fishing also!

Don't forget Santee Cooper. I think the fishing will still be good there at that time.

I was looking a Lake of the Ozarks last night and thinking about going there this spring. Osage Beach area is where I wanted to stay.

6. catking

catking Banned

New Orleans !!! CATKING........... :cool:

7. Dale Hallow Dude.
    Big fishy's.
    Plus You can hit Kentucky lake about 1 1/2 hours away to the west on 68-80. All new, 4 lanes of highway, all the way there.

8. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Fish for Marlin, Mahi Mahi , Ono, and Ahi for $300 per day, if you use the right captain. Lines in the water as soon as you leave the harbor.