close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which do you like best?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Jul 5, 2004.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Steam rolled corn or just plain field corn??
    I have been buying just plain old field corn(50 lb. bags) but the Steam rolled looks better(to me atleast).
    Do you prepare the steam rolled the same way...just boil for an hour or two then let soak(or vise versa)...????

Thanks,
    Scott

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i would not boil the steam rolled stuff simply because it will turn to glue..but when its prepared that way you can definitely see the similarity between it and the meilie bomb.. i use the stuff religiously now for awhile and LOVE it..
    heres what i do to prep it..boil the water just until it starting to get steady boil, turn off the heat and add the flavors(if u wish, i dont add anything except wet mollasse)..pour the hot liquid to cover the steam rolled corn..usually the water will get absorb right away..make sure you have enough water to cover it and then more..you can pack the corn tight enough to be catapult out when its warm only..once its cold, it looses its stickyness..
    by the way, im takin order.. :D

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

by the way, steam rolled stuff will also absorb cold water well..i tried it with the lake's water and it took about 30mins to soften and plumped up..

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

THANKS buddy...im going to pick up a 50 lb. bag tues....if for so stupid reason my feedstore guy doesnt have it(hey ya never know), i'll give you a shout to pick me up a bag before weds.

Scott