Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Silverado. No issues, but thinking I may put a battery in before the original one lets me down. Looking at where the battery is located, I'm thinking that there is no way I'll ever take enough stuff back apart to ever check the water, just like the old one. I was thinking of an AGM battery that is maintenance free. Good choice or not? The original is a wet battery and made it this far with no maintenance so why change? Anyone have some input? Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I go AGM everytime. Basically just for peace of mind. Even though I carry a jump pack on me. You used to be able to get em cheaper at advanced by ordering online with a 25-30% off coupon. But they stopped that a year or so ago. So if anyone's got another idea for discounts, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just replaced the battery in my 2015 GMC Sierra. The original lasted 6 years so I replaced it with the same AC Delco model that came out. When it died it gave no warning. Not easy to get to.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just changed my 2014 Silverado last week went with Oreilys battery. It wasn’t the AGM because they didn’t have one in stock, but I had good luck with an Oreilys battery in a previous vehicle. When you take your battery out take the piece that bolts to the side of the bracket out as well. It will give you a lot more room and it’s only one bolt.

·
SOLID MEAT
5,821 Posts
I have a 2015 silverado. the job looked daunting, but wasn't as bad as I thought. The real questions is, how hard is it to replace a lamp bulb....

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
F150 here but just replaced in my 2016 (original still ok but I replace every 6 years regardless). I did the batteries plus bulbs online 10% off. I got a top rated Duracell for a great price after core and 10% off. I’m very pleased.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a 2015 silverado. the job looked daunting, but wasn't as bad as I thought. The real questions is, how hard is it to replace a lamp bulb....
Lol. Last summer I pulled into my brother in law's drive way. Him and two other guys where standing there looking at his 2014 Chevy 2500 with the hood up. I walked up and asked what they where looking at. Apparently, they had been trying to figure out how to get the bulb in for last 45 minutes. I took one look at and said you have to pull out the battery and you'll have room. I got a stupid response from two of em, so rather than argue with stupid I grabbed my tool kit and 5 minutes later the bulb was in. There's a bad joke in there of how many guys it takes to plug a light bulb in, that he'll never live down.

·
Tom B.
3,936 Posts
I did same as Benboat.
My 2016 Silverado seemed to struggle a bit cranking last month with cold mornings.
Northfield tire put in a new AC Delco one for $240 while getting tires as well.
5 years on a battery is good enough.
Mine is buried in the back corner. Was worth the couple bucks extra to let them do it.
In summer I might have, but not now.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I replaced the battery on my 2015 Silverado last February. It was acting strange on cold mornings, no radio or even turn signal or door chimes.
A new battery solved that. I think the computer shut down unnecessary draws until it sensed a certain level of amperage.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven’t checked availability yet but saw Walmart has everstart agm for $149 3 year warranty. Sounds like it’s cheap enough to be a no brainer. Have used them in the boat before and no problems. Anyone try one in their truck? Thanks for the replies!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts