close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

which 2-stroke oil do you use?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by boaterfisherdude, May 27, 2008.

1. ive always used quick sliver or mercury 2-stroke oil for my merc 2 stroke. i imagine most evirude/johnson owners use evinrude/johnson 2-stroke oil. my question is has anyone ever used the cheaper generic 2-stroke oil like citgo? Gander moutain has the citgo oil on sale for $10 a gallon im thinking about trying it since quicksliver/merc oil is $30 a gallon.

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i use the walmart penzoil @ $12 a gallon for 3 years now and no problems. if penzoil can't make a good oil ,then who can. and no doubt the major brands are not made by merc/rude . they are made by a big oil co. to their specs.

3. yea thats what i was thinking that merc doesnt make their oil they have someone make it for them. thanks im gona try the citgo

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i know paying close to 30 dollars a gallon for oil really stinks. but when it comes to my outboard(and it getting me back to shore), i will go with what ive been using without any problems, quicksilver. not all oils are created equally.

i dont know the specifics, but i have heard that some cheaper made oils will load the motor up with carbon much faster than a better quality oil.

5. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

im useing redline oil

6. Have ran Pennzoil in my last 3 Opti's with out a single problem. It meets all manufacturers specs and has performed great.

Good luck,

Matt D

7. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Another vote for Penzoil - I use it in my truck, and use it in my boat.

Never a problem.