Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt the washington county area. It seems like last year everywhere I was looking I was seeing turkey in the fields, this time of year. This year I've seen hardly any! Is it the weather? I havn't even been hearing them. Just seems wierd to me. Granted I spent more time in the woods last year, just suprised at the lack of vocalization this time of year.

Dave

·
Registered
172 Posts
A few weeks ago I seen birds when scouting but the last couple of weeks none at the places I hunt. Don't know where there are and I won't be able to scout this weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Seem to be right on time for where they should be.Gobbling good,seen lone hens in the field at 11:00 am,conditions look favorable for some workable birds,the weather may even get right also

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I went out this morning to coshocton county to scout. I heard 2 gobblers at 6:18 and 6:30. They were way off, gobbled for several minutes and then were quiet. I walked several ridges till 8:30 and heard nothing.
ski

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I was out on the deck drinking coffee this morning and they are going nuts. I had a hen fly down over the pond and land 50 yards from the house. It was sweet music.
Bob

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
saturday I heard 22 maybe 23 different birds where i hunt! funny thing is more than half of them were on public! can't tell you where there are already way too many people that hunt it!

·
Registered
9,386 Posts
bk- you are truly blessed with the location you allude to. sounds like every hunters dream place. where i go in harrison, i see lots of turkeys during the deer season. in the spring, same area, i see some deer (and 'very few' turkeys). i'm starting to wonder if they know a shot in the woods in spring means bad news for them so they go nocturnal-just like the deer in their season!! or perhaps, they stay in their burrows til after the the noon hour??

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Hunted public land mon, tues, and wed. I couldnt get any to gobble. I know they are there. On the way out, seen a small flock of 8 to 10, all mature toms and jakes, no hens. This was in Richland county. I just dont think they are all busted up yet or turned on enough, at least this far north. Got soaked wed. Good luck all, be safe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Also managed to get a little wet thursday and friday. Only seen one strutter and a few jakes an hens all on state land. Jakes were curious but passed looking for a gobbler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts