Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to go up to Erie with my bud in his 16.5ft Lowe aluminum deep V. We're from Cbus so it doesn't matter where on Erie. He tried this already at E Harbor about 5 weeks ago and he complained the water was too shallow back there and he and another rookie got skunked. I believe the water temp was only in the high 40's then though. We'd really like an area inside walls somewhere thats protected to fish for some lg and sm mouth bass. Then if the weather actually is calm once we get there we could possibly go outside of the breakwalls then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are alot of bass in E. Harbor, in my marina alone I saw a dozen
bass on beds.

Sundusky bay would be a great place, you can even get around cedar point/shiping channel and that 20-25 foot deeper.

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
Cleveland has protected waters with great Bass fishing around the walls. The Perch fishing is close to shore and should heat up soon. If the Lake plays nice you can even troll for 'eyes. I only have a 16 1/2 and I'm out all the time. Plus the ramps are free. PM me if you want more details.
DC

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
I second what Dixie Chicken said, Cleveland offers tons of good areas to fish for bass and they are relatively easy to catch. spinnerbaits, weightless plastics throw up into the rock walls. Water is nice and deep by the walls in most spots 5 feet from the wall and your in 10-14 FOW.

The marina's are also good, lots of rock bass, small and largemouth a pike here and there, and crappie.

Take a look at a map of the area and you'll see it's a huge area, Cleveland has 7 miles of breakwall.

·
Still Deadly w/ The Net
1,900 Posts
I'd like to go up to Erie with my bud in his 16.5ft Lowe aluminum deep V. We're from Cbus so it doesn't matter where on Erie. He tried this already at E Harbor about 5 weeks ago and he complained the water was too shallow back there and he and another rookie got skunked. I believe the water temp was only in the high 40's then though. We'd really like an area inside walls somewhere thats protected to fish for some lg and sm mouth bass. Then if the weather actually is calm once we get there we could possibly go outside of the breakwalls then.
He had to be doing something wrong if he zero'd fishing East and West Harbor. This time of year, 100 bass days are common. (80% largemouth, 12'' and up)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts