close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where's my gamers out there.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KSUFLASH, Jul 21, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Anyone playing Unreal 2004 Tourneyment on the internet?

flash-------------------------------------out

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

<raises hand, but currently spending my free time on FarCry, trying to get it finished before Doom3 hits early August>

Problem is, I don't have much free time! :eek:

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Ditto. I dig Onslaught and CTF/Team DM.

Doom3 will be the shizzy. It went gold, and should be out REAL soon.

4. I'm spending my gaming time playing Joint Operations with my clan 10-78. We are a bunch of 30+ yr old kids that get together and play games as they come out and compete in different ladders. When we are playing online on teams we also talk with our microphone/headsets using software called Ventrillo and TeamSpeak2. We play mostly FPS(First Person Shooters). If anyone that is over 30 wants to join our clan(team, don't get all scared on me) feel free to sign up at www.10-78.com . Be warned though that they expect you to play the games we are currently playing (only Joint Operations) and be active on our site by posting, playing when you get the chance, etc. It's a lot of fun. This is what I do late nights on weekends~!

I played FarCry, loved it but never finished it due to my clan responsibilities and playing Call Of Duty at the time.

This fall we will play MOH:pacific Assault as a team and compete in tournies online.

Later to all my gaming compadres... :)

Triton

5. I have almost beat Pitfall on my Atari 6400.

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I just bought a PlayStation 2 recently and a couple days ago I bought "Secret Weapons Over Normandy".....

I love this game, its like being able to play the History Channel.

Thus, my wife doesnt like it. :rolleyes:

It has a lot of WWII footage with the same narrator from the History Channel. And a few recent movie clips at some Air museum of the WWII era aircraft. Have to unlock the videos by progressing through the game I guess.

7. I have a PS2 and saw that game and wanted to try it, looks pretty cool. Might have to get it to play this winter. I have still been playing Vice City, there is so much in that game I dont think I will ever have it 100% complete.

8. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Bill, I've been looking for someone that is running a decent Joint Ops game, as that one has tons of potential but obviously needs a well-organized pair of opposing forces to do it justice. I'll checkout your site!

9. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

My son plays Delta Force II "every day" and has been for about 8 years since the day he got it. I think he started with Delta Force I, then II, then Land Warrior, then Black Hawk Down, but went back to II. He teams up with his mates in the UK, Australia, and some USAF guys to play.

10. socom 2 everynight on my ps2. now that is fun stuff.

11. Everquester here. Have several characters over level 30 on Lanys T`vyl server. Brikkhauss is my main, but we are all in the Flame Keepers Guild
    Also play D&D on occasion, love to meet new gamers. Anyone wants to get a D&D game going just drop me a line.
    Huntinbull

12. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

looks like I am the only active Unreal 2004 guy out here. What makes me laugh is when I play these 12 year old kids that clean my clock.

flash---------------------------------out

13. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Ben, I ain't even gonna touch that one! atleast we know you game like you fish! way to be consistent. :D

14. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

i had the demo installed for about a week. my rig just can't render it. i was getting like 10 fps on software rendering mode...lol :D UT2k4 environment seemed too bouncy to me...i'll stick to Unreal Tournament, much better game play/feel....imo

.. i know how ya feel

i usually go to just this one server where everyone pretty much knows everyone else... or have my bro host some 1 vs 1

15. Ship date for Doom 3 is August 3, to the best of my knowledge. I've been wanting to buy farcry and check it out but now doom is almost here so I'll just save my money for it. I've got a coupon for a free copy of Half-life 2 if it's ever released... got that with my graphics card. Since Halo was released for pc I've been addicted, I am/was in a clan but now with fishing season in full-swing I devote all my spare time to being outdoors as much as possible. I'll probably settle back into the pc-gaming routine after deer season is over and it's fridgid outside.

16. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Flash, 2004 is just too darn fast for me. I never enjoyed that series since the original unreal tourney.

Ranger, Farcry is a worth-while buy. If you have a good graphics card, farcry is amazing, and it's single player game is great. I hope Doom 3 will kick tail though, and it's out on 8/3 so we'll see.

I can definately see a winter time server here at OGF based on the responses to this thread!

17. LiquidTension

:cartman voice on: must buy new computer...... :p :) ;)

18. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Anyone know what the system requirements are for DOOM3? I enjoyed the earlier versions, and hope I can run it on my system (P3 500Mhz, 256mb ram, nVidia 64mb AGP card, running winxp).

19. LiquidTension

....i doubt thats going to run it. UT2k4 calls for, i think, 1 gighz minium processor. from what i've seen on techTV, doom3 will cause everyone to upgrade.

My amd 850 t-bird wouldn't run UT2k4 demo (too well). 500mhz is not going to do it. i do not know the real requirements but, i'm gonna guess at least a 2.0 gighz, 512 ram min. and 128 ram video card..... just guessing

you should probably get another 256 ram for your system as it stands...

20. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

David, regardless of 'minimum specs to run', your system ain't going to cut it. Oh, it might load it, but won't run it well. You're going to want at minimum a 2.4G P4 and a beefy video card for it.